Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 06 VZ Thunder

Zachariah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder Ute, MKII LV XR5 TURBO
Small update: after searching for months on end from wreckers, Holden Dealerships, 3 Hard lid companies, Ebay, Gumtree, and the guy whom sold the Hard lid to me i have finally got my hands on the genuine hinge pins and now i can put them on and i can be at peace. *sigh*

i still have not had the time to get the old locks off or the gas struts on and so after the pins are in (hopefully works) then i will place both on

Zachariah

Reaction score
Members Ride
Finally i was able to get one of the locks off my hard lid and place one of my new ones on, the other one might have a different size so i will deal with that later.
and i was also able to place the gas struts in it's respective corners.

IMG_20190425_103009_936.jpg
IMG_20190425_103430_763.jpg

i still have not placed the hinge pins in yet, maybe i will do that today, or another time. but i what i have done as a substitute has held up nicely.

hopefully will be placing the exhaust on soon as well.

IMG_20190425_103800_140.jpg

needs a bit of a clean though

Zachariah

Reaction score
Members Ride
i changed my number plates not too long ago and was able to place them on Friday night

IMG_20190505_104657_767.jpg

i did not realize that the original plates had anti theft screws on which were a jerk to get off, really smart idea, but was a little annoying at the time since i did not have the tools to get them off but behold they are off and new anti theft screws are now in. hopefully i will not be needing to take the plates off again for a while.
IMG_20190505_105026_755.jpg

i will be placing on the exhaust soon. finding time is difficult. but shall be eventually done.
and if anyone wants to know the meaning behind the plates (because there is a meaning) then feel free to talk to me about it. people have already spoken to me about it in the few days they have been on.
the black plates look nice on the Ute. but man was it expensive!!.

Last edited:

Zachariah

Reaction score
Members Ride
so i just got some VZ SS guards, unfortunately not the same colour. so i will have to get it painted and blended. seems like an expensive way to go so i may take my time with this one and have them eventually installed.

i also got some brake upgrades from a fellow member of just commodores which are HSV. looking forward to placing them on. pics soon

Zachariah

Reaction score
Members Ride
gave the Ute a clean today, she was looking dirty and i did not want it like this so i went and cleaned her up. the inside will be done a little later though i have started. i did not have any hose or high pressure hose of any sorts (but on my to get list in the future as well as some better cleaning materials) so simply some all armor wash and wax water and a sponge and she came out looking decent.

IMG_20190525_092019_740.jpg
IMG_20190525_091936_552.jpg
IMG_20190525_092106_676.jpg
IMG_20190525_092150_777.jpg
IMG_20190525_092234_555.jpg
now all that is left is the inside.
more to come soon

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
I've looked at your thread a couple of times now, and I must say that I like the tasteful upgrades that you've been doing to your ute
And at the risk of sounding like an old fart, I like that you're not transforming it into every other run of the mill P plater mobile :)

Zachariah

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey Tonner Matt, thanks for stopping by. haha thanks for the kind words. i will say that i am cautious of what i put on my Ute so i tend to take my time slowly changing this car to what i picture. what would you call a "run of the mill" P plater mobile?

sadly i have not been able to place on my exhaust just yet. will soon though.

i do have some things i want to install on the ute and have been thinking on it for a while
Extractors
HI-flow cats
Camshaft
cpr6 manifolds
shift kit stage 2 or manual conversion

these are just thoughts at this point in time. but entertaining thoughts nonetheless

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
+1 To another tasteful car. Also before you go spending money on all the gear you've listed there, think about what you want out of the car, what that will cost you to do and how long you intend to keep the car for. Having been in your position not too long ago just thing about it before you go and splash the cash. As I know I spent a fair bit on mine when I had it, and I didn't even bother with driveline mods. Keep the updates coming though mate.