Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 06 VZ Thunder

VRStato64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II 6 speed
Looking good mate. Just echoing what a couple people said. Careful what you drop money on for mods. Make sure they are cheap or reversible by yourself.

Was gonna ask how much did you pay for the HSV brakes. Thought about doing it to my SS a few times. Prob the best upgrade you can make after exhaust imo.

Zachariah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder Ute, MKII LV XR5 TURBO
Hey man, thanks for the advice and i will try to stay vigilant in terms of modifications, i will try and keep the stock pieces so i can reverse as much as possible if i plan on selling later on in life.
yeah man the HSV brakes are a great modification. i got them for 850 second hand and in good condition.

i got them from a well known member here. he told me that the front pads needed to be replaced so that is what a bought previously. they look great i must say

CxUegrl.jpg

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Ahhh so thats where those brakes went haha

VRStato64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II 6 speed
Brakes look good mate. You did a great job cleaning them up.

Ssz brakes are also an option you don't get bigger rears but width is larger so you get vented instead of slot rotors.

Zachariah

Reaction score
Members Ride
Brakes look good mate. You did a great job cleaning them up.

Ssz brakes are also an option you don't get bigger rears but width is larger so you get vented instead of slot rotors.
did not really clean them. they were like this when i got them. the member i got them from did. aah yeah that is something to think about.
you going to get the brakes for the SS?

VRStato64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II 6 speed
did not really clean them. they were like this when i got them. the member i got them from did. aah yeah that is something to think about.
you going to get the brakes for the SS?
That's members for ya. Going the extra mile. Most used parts come as dirty as they left the car.

I'd love to do the breaks on my SS. Don't have the funds currently. Had to drop a bunch of money to get it back on the road unfortunately.

I did do slotted rotors, good pads and painted them a couple years ago. So they look better than they stop haha.

Zachariah

Reaction score
Members Ride
That's members for ya. Going the extra mile. Most used parts come as dirty as they left the car.

I'd love to do the breaks on my SS. Don't have the funds currently. Had to drop a bunch of money to get it back on the road unfortunately.

I did do slotted rotors, good pads and painted them a couple years ago. So they look better than they stop haha.
yeah man, Craig was great to talk to and did a good job cleaning the brakes. i liked his SS as well. he was going to use them but unfortunately couldn't at the time. so i am happy to have them and would be a great upgrade.

well at least they look nice. but i would rather the stopping power. a fast car needs to stop just as fast.
did they do well for what you purchased?

VRStato64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II 6 speed
yeah man, Craig was great to talk to and did a good job cleaning the brakes. i liked his SS as well. he was going to use them but unfortunately couldn't at the time. so i am happy to have them and would be a great upgrade.

well at least they look nice. but i would rather the stopping power. a fast car needs to stop just as fast.
did they do well for what you purchased?
You can check the brakes out here.

https://forums.justcommodores.com.a...vy-ii-ss-6-speed-manual-nom-nom.225281/page-5

They did stop better for sure. It's a manual anyway so I always brake/downshift most of the time and I am a tame and careful driver so I don't slam on them much.

I might consider the SSZ upgrade once my current rotors are cooked. Good rotors are like $100-200 a corner. And SSZ packages go for about 500 used. So may as well upgrade.