Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 105 series cruiser.

SV6 Matt

The Recov Cruiser
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 Toyota 105 series Landcruiser
Late in August i went out and bought myself some custom rock sliders from a local fella who does them at home. With a few cuts, notches and weld's i fixed them up to my standard (He had them sitting difectly under the thin part of the sil and on such an angle if i were to land on a rock i'd do panel damage from the barwork) and since then i've given them hell and they've payed for themselves many times haha.
144f6463-5d67-4c22-a645-aee5b321239d_zpsf7597f30.jpg

And i was sick of terrible lighting so i went out and got myself a 50" led light bar, custom made the bracket to bolt to existing roof rack bolt holes and mate helped me wire it upto a rocker switch. Throws out light further then my current high beams, and makes a 10m ray of sunshine to avoid the pesky roo's
5826709e-ecac-4b94-858b-93bfef2a7050_zps95788944.jpg

Thats my progress upto 11-12-13.

SV6 Matt

The Recov Cruiser
Reaction score
Members Ride
Havent updated in a while so just doing a written update for the time being then will upload some pics in the near future.

Bought an Oricom UHF for the cruiser and fit it into the centre console, so it isn't in my way, but the controller is easily accessible (comes ouf of middle lid and does a loop around my Low/High gear stick).

In the last week i bought myself a water trap for my fuel line, it was originally bought for my old mans twin merc diesel boat but as that project isnt happening he sold it to me cheap, havent had the time to fit and plumb it up yet but should have it done within a month i hope..

I also bought myself an Engine Watchdog, which is a digital temp gauge that records highest temp reached and can have an alarm set for when your rig gets too hot. This too will be fitted in the same week i fit up my water trap.

Supposedly getting a hema navigator and a turbo timer for my birthday in a few weeks, so that'll be more stuff to fit and wire in.
Anyways, pics soon and maybe a few write ups of how i do these mods in coming weeks. Any helpful hints for said items would be handy too, thanks.

SV6 Matt

The Recov Cruiser
Reaction score
Members Ride
Doing a major service, timing belt, wterpumps wheel bearings, axle seals and the usual oils and filters, Adding 2 led reverse lights, an engine watchdog tm2, an arb turbo timer and a in cab fuse box for easier wiring of current and future mods, pics to come when ive finished :)