Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 105 series cruiser.

SV6 Matt

The Recov Cruiser
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 Toyota 105 series Landcruiser
Vehicle
1999 Toyota Landcruiser 100 Series GXL
Solid Front Axle model aka 105 series

Engine
1HZ 4.2L Diesel w/ aftermarket Safari/Garrett turbo

Gearbox
5 Speed Manual

Suspension
2" Lifted

Brakes
Standard

Exhaust
Standard

Wheels
Stock 16x8 GXL rims, with 285/75R16 Cooper ST Maxx's

Stereo
Alpine dual din player
2x 12"Alpine subs & Alpine amp

Modifications
-Custom number plates for my birthday. [SXC 105] ;D
-Heavy duty Clutch
-ARB air compressor
-ARB front air diff locker
-Dual tanks (150L total capacity)
-Rock Sliders
-50" LED light bar
-UHF
-Super heavy duty rear tailshaft and Uni's, crushed the stock tailshaft and rear uni on some rocks..
Updated June 2015
-Safari Snorkel
-2" longer then stock Bilstein shocks, 2" medium duty Dobinson Coils
-ARB Turbo timer
-AVM free wheeling hubs and part time transfer case gear set (Now RWD instead of constant 4wd)
-Some under body bash plates
-Driver and passenger window weather guards

Future Plans
-Steel winch compatible bull bar
-Steel rear protection bar with tyre carrier/ jerry can holder
-12000lb winch
-3 inch exhaust & dyno tune
-Draw sliders w/ fridge slider
-Cargo barrier
-Intercooler
-Boost guage
-Spot lights
-Rock lights
-Hema maps navigator
-Roof top tent
-Custom water tank

Images
See post below.
Ill have to get out and take some pics, i usually go in small groups so not many people to take pictures

Last edited:

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Sounds good, look forward to seeing some pictures of it.

What type of intercooler are you looking at putting on it? Front mount or top mount?

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Always liked the Land Cruiser's , probably one of the best off road vehicles around , in my opinion :beer chug:

SV6 Matt

The Recov Cruiser
Reaction score
Members Ride
Sounds good, look forward to seeing some pictures of it.

What type of intercooler are you looking at putting on it? Front mount or top mount?

Thanks, Still havent managed to get around to uploading pics, dont get much pc use these days, but i will soon haha.

Top mount, and getting a hood scoop, but thats a little down my list at the moment, need some sliders, my steps are all folded up and about ready to crush into my sills..

Thanks commodore665, ive always loved the shape and performance of the 80's and 100 series cruisers, and with the big engine and big parts, goes like a beast offroad :)

SV6 Matt

The Recov Cruiser
Reaction score
Members Ride
Today ill upload pics from my phone to web pic sharing site, then put them on here, i promise :)

SV6 Matt

The Recov Cruiser
Reaction score
Members Ride
About 10 days after i got the beast, went out playing after some heavy rains with my worn down road tyres, and this was the result

I was resting on my front axle, suspension and bullbar, the hole ate my tyre. Luckily a mate in a monster 80 series came and winched me out :D

Went out for an adventure on some local tracks id never been on, went through half a dozen sketchy, deep mud puddles and found a chance to do some flexing.

And another day recently, went out to play on the local clay flat track after alot of rain :)

2013-05-20_20-58-54_zpse3d9f13a.png
[/URL][/IMG]

Thats all for the moment, do have more on my phone, but it doesn't want to show them in the upload screen..

Last edited:

SV6 Matt

The Recov Cruiser
Reaction score
Members Ride
Have 8 hours of footage from the long weekend to go through and snip out all the boring bits, and ill upload pics/vids of my 105, brothers 75 and fathers 78 cruisers all up the watagans and wollemi state forests. Just need to hope my wireless net at home is working, 50/50 chance..

SV6 Matt

The Recov Cruiser
Reaction score
Members Ride
This past weekend, i tagged along with my friends family for a camping/4wding trip up the Wattagans National Park/Onley State forest. Had a ball, even on the limted amount of tough tracks we know of at the moment (Creek Road, Old Mill road/New road and Ironman Pt Trail). Will do a bigger write up, and upload more photos into a new thread at somestage.

These 2 pics were just having a play on some dirt mounds, seeing how much flex i could get comfortably get.

Off Old Mill Road/New Road theres a track that connects up to bowmans road, at the bottom theres a creek crossing where all the root system from the bank has washed into the way, 4 of us tried to squeeze around it, this was my result. The other 3 trucks also copped panel damage. But, its all part of the game :)

SV6 Matt

The Recov Cruiser
Reaction score
Members Ride
If anyone reads this, does anyone know of any good trails up around the State Forest just north north west of Nabiac NSW? Going to a relatives house this long weekend but cant find any maps online beside the basic main forestry roads? Tried 4x4earth and google custom maps but couldnt find any, thanks.