Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 15?

vl_nick

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Wagon, VF Redline
I prefer the MY14 rims and MY14 interior, but do like the optional black roof and gloss black rear valance. Has the first pic shown of the white Redline got extra gloss black lip on the bottom of the front bar and sideskirts or is it just the shadowing?

Senator01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6.2
I like the old redline rims better aswell the MY15 redline interior is heaps better, didn't like that cream dash

Have they got rid off the chrome handles??? hard to see in the pic???

Old interior is now an option, although not sure if extra cost? They have ditched the chrome handles for colour coded ones. Better IMO.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Old interior is now an option, although not sure if extra cost? They have ditched the chrome handles for colour coded ones. Better IMO.

Cool that's one thing I hate looked ricey....

Just got to see the new rims in the flesh I guess

Senator01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6.2
Cool that's one thing I hate looked ricey....

Just got to see the new rims in the flesh I guess

Agree with the rims comment ... Looking closely they have a similar 'flavour' to the HSV Pentagons, although not as dished. Again, need to see in the flesh.

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
Why paddle shifters only on Redline? I dont want all the bling, I dont care about leather or head up display or sun roof or or whatever else - I want the hardware! My VZ SV6 had paddle shifters, although no throttle blip.

Flappy paddles are an option/accessory on all sport models (so SV6, SS, SSV) at an RRP of $550 fitted. Only applicable to MY15 (IIRC the trans controller is different and built into the trans). Includes a new flat bottom steering wheel as per Redline, so probably not too bad a deal. Will be available in November (MY15's won't be through until then anyway).

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Flappy paddles are an option/accessory on all sport models (so SV6, SS, SSV) at an RRP of $550 fitted. Only applicable to MY15 (IIRC the trans controller is different and built into the trans). Includes a new flat bottom steering wheel as per Redline, so probably not too bad a deal. Will be available in November (MY15's won't be through until then anyway).

I can tell you the 6L80e of all GenIV SS and SSV have trans controller (T43) inside, it would be a different OS if it comes with TapShift 2.0.
Key point is whether MY15 has TapShift 2.0 OS (as in pre-loading clutch for DSG-like changes) though?
Even the Gen-F GTS to date hasn't got it active in the BCM, apparently will from MY15.

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
It would appear that the manual wagon even for HSV is now gone as well. If correct surely a manual wagon which is same from the B pillar forward to the sedan does not equate for this decision. All it seems to do is a loss of some sales

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
The new TapShift 2.0 paddle shift follows trends by other high performance car makers, here's a good article on the demise of manual in Porche and Ferrari.
This vid was the launch of the 60% faster pre-filling OS which debuted in the ZL1.

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
It would appear that the manual wagon even for HSV is now gone as well. If correct surely a manual wagon which is same from the B pillar forward to the sedan does not equate for this decision. All it seems to do is a loss of some sales

Very few people buy them and they're like the plague for dealers - get stuck with one and you'll be lucky to shift it.

Bhp Steel

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
holden
Don't know build dates, just product info. It's likely that they will start build next week, because the factory has been closed for 3 weeks. The changes are minimal.

Literally 2 new colours, high gloss rear bumper fascia on all sports models, paddle shift for redlines, black roof option for redline sedan from early 2015, alloy spare wheel on all sedans and wagons above evoke (utes will have no spare at all if I read it correctly), new lines on the reversing camera,no more DVD with satnav option, the caprice model is finished(only a V series now with an LPG option), no more LPG SV6, black trim is now standard on all models(big news on redline), new power steering upgrade to improve on centre feel.

I'm might have forgotten some other little bits, but that's most of it.

" High gloss rear bumper fascia "....recently saw a VF with the high gloss rear bumper fascia....cannot remember the model...it looked s**t house compared to the matt black finish...it spoilt the look of the rear end.