Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 18 Colorado

bonfield

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 sv6 ute
sorry if this is the wrong place for this post. I was not sure where to put it

I need some help cleaning my car. I have noticed some water marks on the sports bar that I can not budge, I have tried normal polish it did nothing

also I have noticed the side steps starting to go grey. This is garaged and hardly driven so it’s not a sun damage thing. What can I use to restore this

the tonneau cover is a punish to get 100% clean I hit it with the pressure washer scrubbed it and then washed it again there seems to be a bit of first still there what’s the best way of getting it 100% or close to it

how can I get the chrome part of the mirror spotless

Long story short I want to keep this in good condition what products should I be looking at?

609CC5F1-50F8-49CD-A59B-8D455AE59CED.jpeg

A3BAD862-8582-44D1-9822-47766C06E6F2.jpeg
E7530A43-1316-4D7C-BD2F-28AC8433DF3C.jpeg
C25A154F-AD93-4FA9-B2CB-0B76A9C20B20.jpeg

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
when i had the sports bar before i made it black i used this on it

not sure what to use on the chrome but i would look for a chrome polish.

and the side steps on the colorados are made from crappy plastic and will fade very fast, it is one of the common non mechanical complaints i have seen with the colorado.
most people use some sort of "plastic restorer" product from the auto shops while others just ditched the plastic boards and went for alloy or steel ones.

Last edited:

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
The plastic steps should be replaced under warranty as there was an issue with them from manufacture. Holden was changing them for free.

bonfield

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 sv6 ute
when i had the sports bar before i made it black i used this on it
[/URL]

not sure what to use on the chrome but i would look for a chrome polish.

and the side steps on the colorados are made from crappy plastic and will fade very fast, it is one of the common non mechanical complaints i have seen with the colorado.
most people use some sort of "plastic restorer" product from the auto shops while others just ditched the plastic boards and went for alloy or steel ones.

thanks. I will look at the aluminum polish from super cheap. Would the chrome polish be a bit harsh for the shiny plastic parts? I can’t see it being real chrome

bonfield

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 sv6 ute
The plastic steps should be replaced under warranty as there was an issue with them from manufacture. Holden was changing them for free.

Thanks for that. Do you have anymore information about that I couldn’t not find anything on google and I’m not really sure who to ring anymore

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Thanks for that. Do you have anymore information about that I couldn’t not find anything on google and I’m not really sure who to ring anymore
Speak to a Holden Dealer. There was a Tech release on it in 2019

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Thread moved to the Colorado section.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
I was wondering if you lived in an area where there may be salt in the air or water? As this could possibly affect your plastics, and cover. And maybe even the aluminium.

bonfield

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 sv6 ute
I was wondering if you lived in an area where there may be salt in the air or water? As this could possibly affect your plastics, and cover. And maybe even the aluminium.

I’m an hour from any beach I have made the occasional visit to the beach but not too often