Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 1967 Chevrolet Impala (Supernatural exact)

amos_executive

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
so have had a good bit of fun with the power steering bracket cracking, and blowing the pump.

the engine has seen better days, service and a retune soon will hopefully help it along a bit, aiming for a blown 502 bbc conversion to start late this year

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
mine spun the pulley shaft right out of the pump. easy fix though, go to the wreckers and look for an early ford XC, XD, XE pump. the pulleys are only about 3mm shorter than our stockies. i spaced my crankshaft pulley with a couple of washers. the fitting for the hpressure feed will need to be swapped over and youll need to use the XC mounting bolts cos' they are metric, but itll bolt into the old pumps spot.

i did a bit of it in my thread a while back. ill see if i can dig it up. cheap fix. cost me about 25 bucks plus fuel.

edit: here: http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/projects/107074-my-66-impala-hardtop-60.html#post1896567

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
I think you should post up some new pics ;)

davleigh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx SS Commodore
wow, this will look so good once its done. i love the car. specially if its going to end up supernatural spec

amos_executive

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
I think you should post up some new pics ;)

i agree with this idea

sorry boys not much has changed with it, just a nice scratch someone left in my door from a carpark, and bit of an update, on the weekend #### knows how, but managed to pop off the harmonic balancer while i was driving which slipped the power steering belt off as well as the water pump belt, so am gonna be having to have a look and see if it's done any sort of crankshaft damage, or if there was any engine damage done, the engine did get pretty hot as it mustve dropped it all at the lights and i didnt notice till i saw the temp rising quick and almost had a heart attack trying to take a corner to pull over, could be just the motivation i need for the big block

wow, this will look so good once its done. i love the car. specially if its going to end up supernatural spec

thanks mate, hopefully it'll pull up how i picture it in my head

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
Car looks amazing man. Very nice pick up.