Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 1983 VH.

G

GiantCan

My 1983 VH Holden Commodore

As a 19 year old Aussie, it's quite unnatural for me to actually like cars older then myself. But as I look at today's current model cars, I notice two small things. They're all made of plastic, and they all sound like a wind-up scooter. If I'm going to crash, I'm going to want to be in the heaviest, unbreakable machine there is available on the market. If I'm actually going to drive this car, I want people to know I'm coming before I'm there, pistons pumping, engines tilting. Now, about my car...

253pwnage.jpg

She has a 4.2L 253 with a 750 Holley Carborater. It's the very first car I've ever actually owned myself (without the aid of parental loans). She has 15" Performance Rims, 225 60 15R's tyres (Fat is good).

Sidepwnage.jpg

I haven't done anything to the appearance as of yet, but she also has a fully customised interior, nice and green, to go with the paint job. There's still a few problems with the electrics and the rev counter though. The horn comes on whenever I touch the indicator stick, the reverse lights don't work and the interior light doesn't work... which Kinda sucks, but I still love 'er. Any help would be appreciated though, I'm not a mechanic, so it's going to take a while for me to fix. Anything at all, questions, queries, advice, whatever. It will all be taken in consideration.

R

rattattack1313

Nice lookiing car, mate..... good to see someone so young appreciate fine old machinery..... :thumbsup: ...sounds like the indicator stalk could be buggered......check a few globes out, and fuses too....bad connections on early model cars are a hassle......( I have some nice green JustCommodores.com.au stickers here.....$7.00 each, plus postage...:thumbsup:...).....

G

GiantCan

Yeah, I can hear the horn relay clicking whenever I move it (I disconnected the horn a lil' while ago), I took off the bottom of the steering column... thingo... and saw the mess the wires were in (electrical tape everywhere, naked wires showing..). And as I can't afford new wiring, I just made it look better, cut the tape out, replaced it with new tape, checked connections ect. But I can't reach up into where the horn is :( No screws or nothin. So I think I'll have to save up my stripper money for a few weeks and have it checked out. >_>

FROGi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec
Nice car man! I was close to buying something similar not so long ago... seeing these pics, I wish I did!

Gotta love that 253 burble.