Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my 1987 VL executive.

madvl1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL executive
Sounds good man. I have a 2.5" Exhaust with a straight through muffler and a hotdog and it sounds pretty beefy. should look good with ultra lows.

<atomicL93>

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL 5 speed (sold), VS wagon
Sounds good man. I have a 2.5" Exhaust with a straight through muffler and a hotdog and it sounds pretty beefy. should look good with ultra lows.
nice mate does it make a good note? kinda debating between getting a 2 1/4" or a 2 1/2" more keen on getting the 2 1/2" tho cause pretty good price

madvl1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL executive
nice mate does it make a good note? kinda debating between getting a 2 1/4" or a 2 1/2" more keen on getting the 2 1/2" tho cause pretty good price

Yeah it does have a good note to it especially with the hotdog.

madvl1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL executive
Nice mate. should get a hotdog tho. make it sound abit more beefy

<atomicL93>

Reaction score
Members Ride
Update:
Heres the tacho
P121109_2059Small.jpg

Also resprayed the dash cluster background metallic charcoal, makes it look alot better.
Put in the Lukey hi-flow filter today, gives it a much better throttle response :spot on:
Sourced an RB30 and shift kitted auto which i should be getting next month, which ill be stripping down and giving it a bit of a rebuild, should be turboing it or supercharging if i can get hold of one of them SC14 blowers.
And going for my L's in 1 week! Been practicing for agesss so pretty confident that ill get them first try.
Also my mate got hold of a granma-spec VL berlina, very immaculate, no rust at all was rustproofed the day it left the factory ( if only all VLs were like that :( ) even has 170,000 original KM's so he is selling his old VL which is a Gold berlina with SA rego till feburary. Send me a PM about it if your keen on buying it.

madvl1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL executive
hey mate lookin good. good luck with ur L's. i go for mine at the end of december. How much does ur mate want for his vl? can u get a pic of it by any chance?

<atomicL93>

Reaction score
Members Ride
hey mate lookin good. good luck with ur L's. i go for mine at the end of december. How much does ur mate want for his vl? can u get a pic of it by any chance?
Thanks mate :spot on:
Hes looking for around $1000 for it.
The wheels on it in the picture arent included.
l_025b68f162864853bbdf661e24499a77.jpg

madvl1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL executive
thanks mate looks nice. if i had the money i would buy it looks real clean