Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 1987 VL GTS (New Zealand model) 3.0.

Six13

Reaction score
Members Ride
1987 VL GTS New Zealand
This is my first post and I thought I would show you my Commodore.

Here is a quick & dirty cell phone photo of my car that I took yesterday.

I have owned this car for a number of years but cannot actually remember how many (perhaps 15 plus years), will find paperwork and let you know.

The registration has been on hold since 2003 so has not been on the road since but I am seriously planning on getting it registered and putting it on the road again for the fun of it.

When I purchased this car it had around 80,000 km on the clock and it now has around 150,000 km.

The car is totally original and un-tampered including the radio. The only modification (if you can call it that) is a K&N air filter element to replace the paper. The spare tire is even the original from 1987. Unfortunately the paintwork is also original so is very tired and needs a re-spray in places.

I managed to get the car going on the weekend with a new battery and a lot (way more than I thought it would need) of gas as the tank was bone dry and not a vapour left. Took so much gas just to get above the reserve at the bottom of the tank.

Once started I drove it out of the garage to literally wash off the dust and cobwebs but the inside was still immaculate and clean.

Anyway I may bump this thread up with some better photos of the car inside and out.

Thanks for viewing.

MoonDo44

Reaction score
Members Ride
1988 VL GTS
Nice looking car. I may message you when I need to check something on the GTS as I am currently rebuilding one and Im not sure if all the parts I have a correct.

Six13

Reaction score
Members Ride
1987 VL GTS New Zealand
Nice looking car. I may message you when I need to check something on the GTS as I am currently rebuilding one and Im not sure if all the parts I have a correct.

No Problem mate, send me a PM whenever and I can see if I can help.

Six13

Reaction score
Members Ride
1987 VL GTS New Zealand
Thanks for the welcome gents.

Here are some more photos I took tonight in my garage.

I am also including some photos of the original GM brochures that are in the glove box etc.

I still can’t find the original owners papers but I would say I have owned it for at least 15 years as mentioned above.

Thanks.

Thanks for looking.