Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 1990 VN Calais

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
you will need a wheel alignment after you do the shocks matee

Yeah my vp still needs a wheel alignment after I did my springs/shocks in 2008. Lol.

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
what I was told by pedders,prob just wanted more money-lol

BrokWoods

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SV6 Ute
Looks awesome bro !!! loving it , keep us posted :)

ZZ3R0.

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi MN Triton GLX & 1990 VN Calais
Cheers guys! Yeah I thought it may need an alignment. Oh well another thing to add to the list haha

ZZ3R0.

Reaction score
Members Ride
So over the weekend I decided to put put in the new stereo that my missus got me for my birthday. Nothing too hard, nice and easy. Well, first off I had 2 of the woires around the wrong way as the unit wasnt saving settings. Changed that. But now it still is not saving any settings but heres the weird part. It will keep its memory if you turn it to off but DONT take the key out of the ignition. The minute the key is pulled out, all memory is wiped. Its doing my head in trying to figure it out :bang: I will just have to keep googling it im guessing lol. And I finally found my camera charger so decent pics will hopefully be put up tonight :w00t:

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Have you got a Multimeter?
Did it have the original stereo of an aftermarket one?

ZZ3R0.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Have you got a Multimeter?
Did it have the original stereo of an aftermarket one?

Nah it had an aftermarket one that did the aame thing. At the time I thought it was just the headunit was buggered. And I dont have a multimeter but I will have to borrow one off a mate lol

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
you need to have a constant power source to the radio or everytime you take out the key you will lose all stored info,usually 3 wires need to connected to run the radio,most of the time they are red,black and yellow from memory,sometimes there is a brown one
once you have a constant power supply from the batt to the radio you will be fine

ZZ3R0.

Reaction score
Members Ride
you need to have a constant power source to the radio or everytime you take out the key you will lose all stored info,usually 3 wires need to connected to run the radio,most of the time they are red,black and yellow from memory,sometimes there is a brown one
once you have a constant power supply from the batt to the radio you will be fine

Yeah you're right there are yellow, red and black wires, but there is also another red one thats not connected to anything :s
That could be the constant power wire as I think there is power running through it. Will have to get a multimeter onto it first. I will have a look tonight as there was also a fuse on one of the wires. Not sure why lol. I hate electrical stuff haha

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah the red wire would be the constant power wire,the fuse is there in case you have a short or problem in the wiring which would then blow the fuse instead of your nice stereo,if the fuse is blown there is usually a short in the system somewhere,a fraid wire or incorrect earth,its only 12volt so can't hurt you much-lol