Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 1990 VN (ex cop car)

swiftymcfeat

Reaction score
Members Ride
87 VL Calais Turbo
Hey there,
im james and ive been on my red p plates for about 8 months now. I got this car just after i got my p plates and it looked like CRAP. Well please have a look now and tell me your thoughts.

Its only got 121,000 on the odo and it is my first car. I always get teased about the colour but i really do not think it looks that bad myself, and at least i know it will rip their jap hatchcraps in a drag. I polish it once a fortnight and try to keep it in the best condition i can. When i get the cash together im getting it:
-Sprayed black
-Dark tint
-Bigger chrome rims

Please rate and tell me what u think and what it needs :D thanks!

So a few things ive done to it so far:
- Sound system of course (cbf going into detail)
- Lowered (not too low)
- New air intake filter
- New pumps and filters for everything
- New radiator
- 2.5 inch exhaust from cat back
- resprayed boot inside (bit dirty atm though)
- put vt rims on it
- replaced rubbers ect, just lots of small things ive done
- also notice the black painted strip on each side of the rear window. Well i had my back windscreen smashed so i used it as an opportunity to fix all rust and all leaks.

Pictures....
100_7697.jpg

100_7696.jpg

100_7695.jpg

100_7694.jpg

100_7698.jpg

100_7699-1.jpg

100_7699.jpg

100_7700.jpg

100_7701.jpg

100_7702.jpg

Last edited:

kniever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais L67 & VN II Calais T5 5ltr
not a big fan of the color either but its nice and clean and can tell you look after it, i didnt realize the v6 bt1's got an 80ltr fuel tank, you should paint it like ive done, it makes the vn's look tougher i reckon.

also whats the reservoir on the right hand side next to the pod for? looks like an overflow for the radiator but none of the vn s1's ive seen have ever had one there as you got the reservoir already on the left side.

swiftymcfeat

Reaction score
Members Ride
87 VL Calais Turbo
not a big fan of the color either but its nice and clean and can tell you look after it, i didnt realize the v6 bt1's got an 80ltr fuel tank, you should paint it like ive done, it makes the vn's look tougher i reckon.

also whats the reservoir on the right hand side next to the pod for? looks like an overflow for the radiator but none of the vn s1's ive seen have ever had one there as you got the reservoir already on the left side.

Yep its the overflow...

Ya ive been looking around at paint and im still at school so im on a budget meaning ti will be either white or black...i think black looks neat with chromies

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
That's one good looking VN :D, I'm sure the others with highly devolped taste will agree

kniever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais L67 & VN II Calais T5 5ltr
Yep its the overflow...

Ya ive been looking around at paint and im still at school so im on a budget meaning ti will be either white or black...i think black looks neat with chromies

nah i mean paint the petrol tank, i think theres a decent pic in my ride thread so you'll know what i mean

bj42turbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Executive
Yeah it does look good, unusal colour. Have you thought about putting ceptors back on it or...

Dazz

swiftymcfeat

Reaction score
Members Ride
87 VL Calais Turbo
god damn vn's were not the best model out were they....

car would not start, got it to start and was running rough as hell. Got a new coil pack and DFI. Hope this bloody well fixes it....

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
CAS? that looks like an ebay rage exhaust is it?

swiftymcfeat

Reaction score
Members Ride
87 VL Calais Turbo
CAS? that looks like an ebay rage exhaust is it?

Was going to buy one off ebay but i found a place in VIC who would sell + post one for $200. Super-cat brand, im not complaining.