Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 1992 VP Berlina

Alloytec

Reaction score
Members Ride
LS1 VT SS
Just picked this up a week ago for a very nice price with 2 months rego.

The previous owner told me that the diff cylinders were leaking. I'm a mechanic by trade but i didnt let on to the fact, when i went to have a look at the car i started it up and it was only runnning on about 4 cylinders, had no power steering fluid, no water and the exhaust had broke off so tailpipe was knocking around.. now to most people they would run away but i could see potential in the vehicle. Took it for a test spin around the block gearbox changed well and no real faults other then lack of maintenance.

So, so far what I've done is....
DFI module/coilpacks/leads in one lot off my other spare v6 motor and that fixed my misfire/rough running.
Topped up the cooling system/power steering fluid and levels haven't noticeably dropped in the driving that I've done so far.
Machined the front discs and replaced wheel bearings/pads
Bleed the cooling system.
Put on my 18" VZ SS rims/tyres
Wheel Alignment
Fitted 2.5inch exhaust off my VN

When i picked it up, faithful ole ba falcon goes alright towing the heavy hire trailer and car.

With the rims on it, think i might need to get some springs/shocks... what do you guys think? lol

Thats about it for now, Ill update this thread with some interior pictures over the weekend if i have the chance :)

Thanks for reading :)

Last edited:

somefool

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
1991 VN 'S', 1997 Ford Laser 1.6
Nice one,

I reckon.. Start with the basics, clear indicators and some other grille besides the grey mustache one. Yeah it cant hurt to lower it an inch or two. Keep in mind king springs are hard as stone ****.

Alloytec

Reaction score
Members Ride
LS1 VT SS
12102013286.jpg

I've cut/buffed the paint, fitted clear turn signals, stuff you cant see is that i've replaced the front brakes, rewired the stereo (was wired up back to front) fixed the heater controls from the spary parts i got. I've also fitted the 2.5inch exhaust from my vn onto this as that will be getting a twin system when the time arrives. I have also fitted the whiteline swaybar from the vn as well... i think it helps lol

BrokWoods

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SV6 Ute
Colour code door handles and he black strip on the side and bumper mate :)

Nice start though.