Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 1992 VP S Ute

dashdown98

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S Commodore SII
My ride is a 1992 VP S Pack Ute. I bought it back in August last year, it's my first car and I learned to drive in it. :beer chug:

When I bought it, I went all the way down to Hobart to get it. It was definitely not the prettiest thing.

image1.JPG

image2.JPG

Pretty much the first thing I did was fix the horrid looking front end. I resprayed the bumper (and fixed the gaping hole in it), stuck a badge, replaced the left indicator and the windscreen as well.

image3.jpg

Now originally it was used as a refueling bus for trucks in WA and NT, it had the whole 5-post bull bar and all the works. Old bloke before me decided to remove everything except the massive sports bars with a custom tonneau.

This is what happened to that tonneau when it rained:
image4.jpg

image5.jpg

So I bought a brand new Tuff Tonneau for it

image8.JPG

image7.jpg

It only had one headlight, and even that was like having a candle sitting on the bonnet. So I upgraded those.

image9.jpg

Next I was on the hunt for a roof lining since it was just a bare metal roof. I went to a Holden wreckers and came back with not only a custom red vinyl roof lining but also a set of VT SS rims.

image10.jpg

image11.jpg

I'm pretty happy with what I have achieved so far. I have also installed a Pioneer head unit and VS door pods with Pioneer 6.5" inside. In the process also of finding a sub that will fit behind the seat. It had extractors and 2.5" straight pipes when I got it and I have been told multiple times that it sounds like a V8. The gearbox needs a little attention since it doesn't like shifting into first very often (damn synchros) and the clutch is incredibly heavy. And don't tell me it's just a commodore thing because I have driven others, and mine is like trying to push a ship across a river with your foot.

It is actually in a body shop at this very moment getting an Aero bumper and GTS grille fitted and painted, as well as SL king springs. I got a message from the shop saying that it won't be out until tomorrow since all my ball joints are absolutely stuffed. Looks like my bank is set to be broken. I'll have some pics up when it's finished.

Any more suggestions for what to do? :driving:

Attachments

• image6.jpg
    image6.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 862

dashdown98

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S Commodore SII
Its comming along quiet nice mate.

Yeah cheers mate. I went to pick it up Monday from the bodyworks. The bumper turned out an awesome red, and the rest of the car looked terrible behind it. Ended up getting a full respray lol

dashdown98

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S Commodore SII
Before%20and%20after_zpsig4pzcle.jpg.html

She's been sold now to make way for my new VY!
It had some new wheels on it too but I put the SS ones back on for the sale

Here it is ready to be picked up on the day of sale:
20151224_145633_zpsxwoimujz.jpg.html

Last edited: