Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 1995 Holden VS Berlina Sedan - L67, A2A Intercooled, Plus Heaps More

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
UPDATE: Big day today. Re-installed heater box, Statesman dash, steering column, plate on floor to suit manual, VY SS pedal pads, run wiring looms where they are supposed to go. Starting to look like a car again, and I can't wait till it's finished.

VSStatoDash_zpsab9cf782.jpg

VSStatoDash2_zpsf070a1a4.jpg

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
My VS only weeks before it blew the transmission. I really can't wait till I can go cruising in her again.

10298689_575380879247056_4682690977967719287_n_zpsae0fa06b.jpg

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
UPDATE: Looks like the manual flywheel will bolt up to my supercharged engine fine, which means I will be saving a fair bit of money. Just need to get it machined and balanced. Another step closer to getting the VS back on the road again.

vsmanual_zpsb52269ec.jpg

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
What ended up being the fix?

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
What ended up being the fix?

There is only one position where the flywheel will bolt up, I just had to keep turning it until all the bolt holes lined up. So glad because I was starting to stress about whether I would have to fit a VS crankshaft or get a custom made flywheel, etc. So finding out that my VS flywheel would bolt up to my VY engine was a relief.

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
The good ol simple flywheels.

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
The good ol simple flywheels.

Yep, and I was told because it's a VY engine I would have to get a dual mass flywheel and custom made clutch. Well it shows how much that place knows. Think I'll only ask the people who know exactly what's going on, like the people who have actually converted an L67 to manual before haha.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Yeah, all the cranks are the same, however the manual cranks did have extra holes for dowels. Considering the amount of power you will be putting through out it would be a good idea to add them.

Make sure the flywheel is mirror balanced to the original flex plate. Include the clutch pressure plate when getting it all balanced.

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
Yeah, all the cranks are the same, however the manual cranks did have extra holes for dowels. Considering the amount of power you will be putting through out it would be a good idea to add them.

Make sure the flywheel is mirror balanced to the original flex plate. Include the clutch pressure plate when getting it all balanced.

I haven't purchased a clutch kit yet because I'm not sure which would be the best one to get. Once I get that then I can supply the pressure plate when getting it balanced (unless I just give them the old one).

I am thinking about getting this clutch kit but not sure how long it will last with my engine and the power it is making/will be making:

Xtreme Heavy Duty Clutch KIT TO Holden Commodore VG VN VP VR VS V6 T5 Gearbox | eBay

Otherwise this clutch kit, but I have heard it will be hard to drive around town because it doesn't allow it to slip at all:

Xtreme Cushion Button Clutch KIT Holden Commodore VN VP VR VS V6 Borg Warner | eBay

What would you suggest? I was thinking of getting the heavy duty one, and if it doesn't last too long then replace it with the other one, but I want it to be nice to drive still.

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Go through the xcedy ones. I'm pretty sure I got the pink button one.