Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 1st car - VT Acclaim

Dylan VT

Metal forever
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT commodore acclaim
Nice. I reckon I fix up the ol' pads and then I start thinkin' about which order I'm going to mod it.
My list of mods I would eventually like to have done to the car...

Lower about 2".
SS or Clubsport body kit.
2.5" exhaust.
Extractors.
New sound system (maybe just new speakres and use the cars amp + alpine 6 stack CD player).
K&N air filter.

I think that might just about do it for me. :)

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Nice VT mate. It's a good first car.

Dylan VT

Metal forever
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT commodore acclaim
Thanks.

I would never have expected to be able to get something this good for a first car. I was looking at 4 cylinders in a similar price range earlier in the year, and I realised I could get SO MUCH MORE car for my money if I bought a commodore.

I was worried about fuel costs, but I don't mind paying more for fuel when the car is cooler/safer.

Dylan VT

Metal forever
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT commodore acclaim
Well that's exactly what I thought.

Because fuel prices are higher these days and there are plenty of commodores around, I could always find a commodore and they are very cheap.

If I wanted to find a 4 cylinder with the same amount of K's, engine condition, airbags etc, it would have cost me a hell of a lot more money. Mind you... this car should have cost me more too. :D

I'm very happy driving it, and I can spend money on it and make it mine, and it doesn't seem like I'm trying to soup up a car that really shouldn't be souped up.

Plus, a 4 cylinder would struggle to perform as well as this car on the highway. :)

VRS_Dave

Shiny VR
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR Series II S Pack
good ride for a first car, my first was a 91 camry, she was good but cant beat my puppy now,
just watch urself, u dont wanna scratch it over some stupid mistake.

take care

Dylan VT

Metal forever
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT commodore acclaim
Thanks for the kind words. Don't worry mate, I'm a very careful driver. I take pride in being one of the responsible ones in my group of friends.

jswan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive 89'
wow, your car is coming along nicely, you got some good ideas. hope to see it around port, you should see mine around more regurly if your out on the road alot.

check out my ride and tell me what you think.