Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 2000 VT SS Gen3

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
I think spring replacement is best bet so you can rev that biatch...cam job is a wallet trap,you'll then want to shave heads as small compression bump makes them more drivable with a cam BUT then you'll think fcuk it let's go grumpier so pistons need valve recession.

We cheated on my ol' vy ss ute told tuner give it nice idle lope...everyone thought must of had a cam the way it went but was just a well sorted car

Zhac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS Gen III M6
Well, it's finally booked in for a Mafless Tune and VCM Alloy OTR on the 25th of this month (around 2 weeks away). A bit later than I was hoping for, but nonetheless I am bloody excited to see how it goes on the dyno. I'm not overly fussed on KW/Torque figures, really i'm just wanting to see how it makes it's power and what the charts/tuner has to say about the engine. It's just ticked over to 240,000 on the clock, so it'll be interesting to see how the old girl goes.

Since the last update its had a new custom tail-shaft put in, aswell as a new harmonic balancer (there was a slight wobble occuring at idle with the old one). Otherwise it's running quite nicely at the moment, really smooth infact. Just needs a bit more power as i've gotten used to it and finding it pretty dull now when I put my foot down.

After the tune and OTR, the next thing will be springs/shocks, bushes, camber kit and window tint. I want it to handle better and to sit just slightly lower and the old tint has started to bubble and looks quite trashy.

Ill update again after the tune, hopefully with good news!

And why not throw in a pic well i'm here...
23 resized.jpg

Zhac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS Gen III M6
A late update...

Finally got it tuned, and the car did really well. It made good results and the tuner said it seems very healthy despite getting on in life (240,000 kms). He was actually pretty shocked by the overall tidiness of the car and believes he hasn't seen a VT in such good nick in a quite a long time. Here's a youtube link to see the cars last run on the dyno.

It was an awesome experience watching it rev out 7-8 times. So loud, fun and intense all at the same time. I left with quite the high, and the car is so much more responsive.

I unfortunately then had dramas the next day with it idling very bad/rough, thats if it would even start. Had to get it towed to my local Holden dealer (luckily I work there so it was free). The issue was fuel, so a new pump and filter went in and it was purring perfectly again. I was really worried the tuner had made a stuff up, but its been driving for a few weeks now and I honestly cannot fault the tune.

Overall mods on the car now are:

VCM OTR (Alloy) Mafless Tune
Pacemaker 4-2-1 Headers
Twin 2.5" Hurricane Exhaust
3.9 Diff Gears
LS6 Intake Manifold and Injectors
GM Race Ripshift
HD SP Organic Clutch and Steel Flywheel
Custom/Rebuilt Tailshaft

End result (231.6 RWKW - 626 NM)

The car will be receiving a major service in about 3 weeks. This will include box, diff, belts, plugs, leads etc. Really want to freshen it up. It will also be getting windows tinted round the same time. I have decided to go 10% rear and 20% sides.

Now I just want to freshen up everything, get rid of as many knocks/rattles as I can, and lower it slightly. I think the next big thing I do will be a rebuild and cam upgrade.

Here is a couple of recent photos

Beaut! resized.jpg
At Holden.JPG
34 resized.jpg
29 resized.jpg
31 resized.jpg

Gloucester 1 resized.jpg

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Awesome, sounds good both literally , and on dyno and is looking good too

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Yep.....sounds great & looks great.

Zhac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS Gen III M6
I've got the car booked in for a set of BC Gold Coilovers next Thursday, aswell as new bushes, and a camber kit. Also picked up a set of gloss black G8's with tyres on the weekend to put on it. I'm pretty excited to see how it looks when its sitting nice and low on 20's.

The rims really are in pretty good nick...Only 3 months old, though one has some minor rash, its not to bad though so I went with them to try and give it a bit of a better, more aggressive look. I do love original VT SS rims but felt like something a bit bigger and not alloy. I think black will look great with the Tiger Mica.

I also gave the engine bay a quick tidy up/wipe over last weekend. Came up pretty nice for a rush job. Otherwise she's still looking the same for now.

Ill post up a few pics next weekend when the new suspension and rims are fitted, but have some shots of the rims for now.

G8'S 2.PNG
G8'S 3.PNG
G8'S 4.PNG
G8's Next To Car resized.jpg
Ballin At Eastys resized.jpg
Detailed Engine Bay 2 resized.jpg
Detailed Engine Bay1 resized.jpg

00SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VT SS S2
Hey Zhac, that's a nice looking VT! How are you finding the BC Golds? I'm looking to give my VTII a full suspension overhaul and am torn between coilovers or a nice set of shocks/springs... cornering performance being the main priority.