Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 2000 VT SS Gen3

Zhac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS Gen III M6
Hey Zhac, that's a nice looking VT! How are you finding the BC Golds? I'm looking to give my VTII a full suspension overhaul and am torn between coilovers or a nice set of shocks/springs... cornering performance being the main priority.

Cheers mate!

As for the BC's, personally, I love em! They really made the car handle bloody well for a commodore. It corners pretty much flat now( way less body roll) and seems alot more precise. It is however going to be quite alot firmer than a typical shock/spring combo. I notcied this especially now that mine is rolling on 20's, plus I live in a town with seriously bad road quality. Also, I have got mine set towards the firmer side, as its sitting very very low with 20's, and I didn't want my wheels/tyres scrubbing if the car squats a bit on acceleration and/or going over bumps. I haven't had the chance to try the set a bit to the softer side, and probably wont bother. I'm a youngin, and the harshness really doesn't bother me. The benifits s*** all over the cons in my opinion.

I would recommend coilovers hands down, so long as your happy to have a slightly stiffer ride. When it comes to performance/cornering, there is no comparison between the two (shocks/springs vs coilovers). They also leave more room inside the wheel arch if your wanting to put larger/wider wheels on, and being adjustable is just so practical, especially if your the type to visit the track, or just want to slam it.

Anymore questions just ask!

I'll post some photos of it tomorrow night as it looks quite different now!

Zhac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS Gen III M6
Here is a couple of recent photos... I'll get a few more up shortly, I just need to put them onto my PC from my phone.
New Wheels At Work.jpg
New Wheels At Work 2.jpg

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Looking super clean and nice.

FlatOut 710

Yeah nah mate
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VT Commodore S Pac
Noice, a Tiger Mica VT. A beautiful example at that. Runs good too by the looks/sounds of it, good stuff m8.

scaredyet

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ Lumina Wagon
You ruined a great looking car with those wheels