Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[Alloytec] My 2007 VZ Crewman sv6

Status
Not open for further replies.

reaper2204

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ crewman v6
OK, This thread is a storing about my 2007 vz crewman 175kw here are afew pics, the chrome door handles you see are from a hsv v8 and the seat covers from ebay, this thread will be about all modifications and all future modifications and advice/input would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Front Car Pic 1.jpg
    Front Car Pic 1.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 175
  • Side Of Car.jpg
    Side Of Car.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 185
  • Back Of Car 1.jpg
    Back Of Car 1.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 168
  • Passenger Front Door.jpg
    Passenger Front Door.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 204
  • Front Door.jpg
    Front Door.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 182
  • Front Seats.jpg
    Front Seats.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 172
  • Close up Front Seats.jpg
    Close up Front Seats.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:

reaper2204

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ crewman v6
The second on got it i was really impressed with it, tho after awhile of driving it, when I would put my foot down and open her up she would get a check power train warning light every time she changed gears going flat out, I did hours of research some said it was the spark plugs offer would say is just old fuel that needs to be burnt though the system hours and hours I look and case across a common issue with the vz and with faulty coil packs causing a misfire and gettting a check powertrain warning light so i thought what the hell i'll give that a shot, I looked around from Ebay to holden dealers and found mace engineering had a real competitive price $170 for a full set of 6, at the same time i thought i would install the mace engineering 12mm air intake manifold insulator. replacing the coil pack fixed my power train warning light, and I have to say the mace engineering 12mm intake manifold did provided good low down torque the throttle response was alot better it didn't seem and struggle anywhere near as much when you got to a steep hill climb, and it even changed the sound of the exhaust slighty.

Attachments

• Engine Bay.jpg
    Engine Bay.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 288
  • Close up Coil Pack.jpg
    Close up Coil Pack.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 164
  • Runner Spacer Flash on.jpg
    Runner Spacer Flash on.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 177

reaper2204

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ crewman v6
The last and final thing I have started on is the 2 hold and a K&N high flow air filter, after more hours a research I got across and perfect do it yourself guild, though I am thinking and changing the second hole from a 90mm to mybe a 80mm so it doesn't interfere with the air filter as much. I will post a link with the how to guild, please all input on this would get great, like do you think the 80mm pipe would obstruct air flow too much? or would the difference from a 90mm to 80mm make no difference at all.

At this point I have only taken the snorkel off, took it for its first drive and i have to admit i noticed power straight away, not so much down low, but once it picked up to around 3500 revs it almost felt like i was running a mini turbo lol, it also imporved the intake sound as well.

Please input on this subject would be awesome.

http://swingtan.customer.netspace.net.au/2hole.html

Attachments

• Air box snorkel gone.jpg
    Air box snorkel gone.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 205
  • Better Pic No Snorkel.jpg
    Better Pic No Snorkel.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 186
  • Real Close Up no snorkel.jpg
    Real Close Up no snorkel.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 178
  • Snorkel.jpg
    Snorkel.jpg
    348.1 KB · Views: 162
  • Snorkel 2.jpg
    Snorkel 2.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 163

reaper2204

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ crewman v6
Once I have completed my 2 hole mod I will be working my way down to the exhaust system, now this one took me awhile, so many people saying different things from a 2.5" system is too big and saying a 2 1/4" system just doesn't give you enough flow, to an exhaust is a waste of time. Well after hours and hours I think I have come across a system which i think will work, I actually found it on this site as i did with the 2 hole mod. this exhaust system will go like this. oh and thank you for Kung-Foo-Kamel for posting the exhaust system. I have also been told that these alloytec engines like there back pressure, so should I just keep the headers/extractors stock and just go from the cats and back, also I am really only interested in power and performance not so much sound, is this the best system for me?

175KW Ute, 2 x HM Headers with 2.5" Collectors, 2 x FINN-EX 2.5" High Flow Euro Cats, 4 x 4 Wire O2 Sensors, 2 x Free Flow Manta Mufflers, 1 x Twin 2.5" Manta Rear Free Flow Muffler, Sounds Awsome, very V8 ish, probable better than most Gen3's with cat backs, produces fantastic torque, absolutly pisses on the SV6, had a XR6 Turbo worried for the first 3 gears , just need a better diff now

Somthing to look out for, if you vehicle has 4 O2 Sensors, which is most 06 Euro compliant VZ's, you will probably get issues if you put extractors and aftermarket cats on as the ECU monitors the flow via the O2 Sensors and will log fault codes due to to much flow, mine has been logging faults on both left and right banks, fuel econamy is still good so theres no bad to come of it apart from the "Check Power train" message that gives you the ****s

Status
Not open for further replies.