Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 2009 Pontaic G8 GT (VE Commodore)

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Nice ride. Nothing like a good clay and wax.

WoodburyMan

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 Pontiac G8 GT 6.0L L76 (Commodore VE)
Got pictures of the door handles as requested....
handdriv1.jpg

handdriv2.jpg

handpas1.jpg

handpas2.jpg

Also when cleaning the intake, oil change yesterday, I took the strut tower bar off to get the plastic cover off. Found this under it. Rodent nest. Most likely a mouse... maybe a chipmunk... You get these suckers down there to?

mouse1.jpg

mouse2.jpg

Leaving the plastic covers off from now on. Very lucky that nest didn't catch fire. Happened to a mates Jeep once. Started it up, went back inside cause he forgot something, came back on 2 minutes later engine fully engulfed after the small fire melted some fuel line or something.
mouse3.jpg

johnzombie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Lumina
Wasn't looking for anything in particular. I found info I needed about Aux input. The radio's in the G8/Commedore are nothing like anything else sold in the U.S. So all conventional adapters and such don't work. I'm actually buying a kit off eBay AU for VE Series 1 that should work with the G8.[/QUOTE said:
I think I know the kit you're talking about. Is it the iPod adaptor for the rear AUX? I used to have that on mine before I got my aftermarket headunit. Works well especially if you couple it with bluetooth you can use Siri to change songs which is pretty cool.

WoodburyMan

Reaction score
Members Ride
All that snow cant be good for the roof must be a bit of weight ?
Looks good tho
Not to bad. Suspension really takes the bulk. It's not really much more weight than the car would be with a few good size people in it though. Wet heavy snow to. Was maybe only 200lb (90kg) or so max.
I think I know the kit you're talking about. Is it the iPod adaptor for the rear AUX? I used to have that on mine before I got my aftermarket headunit. Works well especially if you couple it with bluetooth you can use Siri to change songs which is pretty cool.
Yea. Exactly. I'm looking to get just plain RCA / Miniplug in though. Needed to verify it was just analog input. I had a iPhone but have a Galaxy S4 now. I had the functional iPod adapter kit with text display/control from the stock headunit. But won't work with my Galaxy S4 now....

Also. Installed Corsa Cat-Back yesterday. Headers are next.. Kooks 1 7/8" Primary's with catted connection pipes to my Corsa. (Corsa has built in X pipe already).

Last edited by a moderator:

ChewieSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 SV6
I have a friend in Los Angeles with a 2009 G8, same colour as yours. I got him a full set of Holden SSV badges from my dealer. When I toldhim what they were fore he gave them to me for half price. Only one he couldn't fit was the front Lion badge, not enough room between the twin grilles. He says they are a great conversation starter.

BTW....if you want to make everybody here feel sick...tell them what you paid for the car.......I'm guessing around $28,000

WoodburyMan

Reaction score
Members Ride
I have a friend in Los Angeles with a 2009 G8, same colour as yours. I got him a full set of Holden SSV badges from my dealer. When I toldhim what they were fore he gave them to me for half price. Only one he couldn't fit was the front Lion badge, not enough room between the twin grilles. He says they are a great conversation starter.

BTW....if you want to make everybody here feel sick...tell them what you paid for the car.......I'm guessing around $28,000
Totally. I've seen sons of Monaro and Commodore conversions on GTO's and G8's here. Full ones not just badging with the front bonnets and such as well. People at shows that don't know they were built down there get totally confused.
The best story I heard so far... Mitsubishi used to sell a car here, sold as the 3000GT, it sold as the Mitsubishi GTO in Japan. (They couldn't use GTO in America because Pontiac owned the rights to it). Guy with a Monaro conversion on his GTO parked next to a 3000GT at a show.. only the 3000GT rebadged it all to a originap Japense GTO. It was a funny combo lol.

G8 GT's here went for around $30,000-$35,000 new. I bought mine last July with 63,000mi (100,000km) for $24,500. GXP's with the LS3, more HSV like, went for $40,000-$42,000. (Funny enough over 3 years later they are still going used for around $37,000+). They just released the pricing for the new Chevy SS (VF HSV). $46,000+. Two options, color, and sunroof. That's it. (Not even a manual option which blows). And built to order. Some bloke pays full price for a glorified G8 GXP with updating interior and same drivetrain and suspension, with a auto, and 3mo later it ships from down there to the showroom. Can't even test drive. Program is going to be a complete flow. Just too pricey and no test drives means no sales. Great car though. And the naming is horrible... "SS" is a trim level here. Ex The V6 Camaro's are LS ot LT trims. And the V8 is SS trim. Everyone thinks its a Impala SS. (Impala is a FWD car, been around for decades, had a SS option in 2006 with a LS4 5.3L engine, but torque steer was horrible and no room in engine bay for power adders).

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
What's the deal with the factory ipod control?

WoodburyMan

Reaction score
Members Ride
What's the deal with the factory ipod control?
Direct factory iPod control. Basically, its a small box that plugs into the XM Satelite Reciever in the trunk and piggybacks on XM. Run a wire up from the trunk to under the passenger seat and i get a standard iPod/iPhone dock cable there. Put the Radio to "XM" and tune to channel 255 and it shows Track/Artist/Album name the unit, and << Disc >> controls the song forward/back. (It was made for other GM Radios, normally you would be able to have more controls but our radio is unique so its odd.
Company that makes it is USA-SPEC and the model is PA20-GM. I got mine off eBay. You might be able to find some on your local eBay or have it shipped from here. USA SPEC: PA20-GM
I have detailed pictures of the install here Index of /files/pa20gm
Shows the plug harness that goes into the XM Tuner in the boot/trunk and then the small box that I have cables run to from the trunk that is under my passenger front seat.

That first pic is awesome Bro!
Lol thanks