Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 2009 Pontaic G8 GT (VE Commodore)

Calais-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS, VE Calais-V Series II
Looks great mate, have you got any more plans for it?

WoodburyMan

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 Pontiac G8 GT 6.0L L76 (Commodore VE)
Looks great mate, have you got any more plans for it?

Thanks!

Headers are next. Kooks 1 7/8" Primary Longtubes in shorterm this Fall (Spring down there :p) Then FAST LSX-R 102mm intake manifold, port TB same time. That'll be in the new year..... Then saving up for a Procharger and fuel upgrade and Displacement on Demand delete kit and F/I cam soon after that. That long term. Be another year at least till I get around to that if not more.. Prochargers are quite expensive..

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Have you looked into Rick Crawford's 'Ram Air' intake and ported TB? Seems to perform well against the 102?

WoodburyMan

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 Pontiac G8 GT 6.0L L76 (Commodore VE)
Have you looked into Rick Crawford's 'Ram Air' intake and ported TB? Seems to perform well against the 102?

Haven't looked into the intake... I already have a Vararam OTR 'Ram Air' intake. Have to see how it works with that first. The ported TB there's some local guys around here that can do it same day. Makes it easy so I don't have to ship it out or deal with core exchanges.

I'm surprised there's aren't many throttle bodies for the L76.. FAST and a few others made new ones that could be ported out more if you wanted for the LS2 and LS1 engines in the GTO/Monaro. The L76's is a bit larger from what i see so whole aftermarket ones aren't really to popular or needed.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Mate use keywords to google 'Rick Crawford intake manifold' uses existing manifold or LS3 type (MY9.5), it is not basic manifold porting rather pulled apart with several mods to runners and flow then entirely rebuilt with less restriction. So std dimensions and location means your cai will fit.
He gets 10s with AFM, most others using it are in the 11s, makes huge difference like diff gears, check it out definitely versus FAST. Your TB is a 92mm LS2 type 'silver', totally interchageable with a ported 92mm LS3 (MY9.5+) 'gold' butterfly model which go for about $100-150.
I bought a brand new LS3 manifold on eBay to rebuild, scored used gold TB of new Camaro, both are being hand worked, flowed and ported to optimum velocity for less than just a FAST 102.
Dynos are one thing, take a look at 10-11s G8s and how many are running his mod.

Last edited: