Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 2009 SS Ute

cruisn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Ute
Always wanted a ute. finally got what I wanted. I seen a green one back in 2010 when I first arrived in Australia. ss model, green, manual, look slick. Basically since that moment I have been waiting for the right time to get one. well..no better time than now.

Picked up a 09 model SS
L98
6 sp manual
lowered
tint
catback 2.5" exhaust

Pretty happy with this unit overall. should be a bit more fun once I start adding some handling and power goodies to it.

few photos:

Sway bars jsut arrived yesterday. 26mm front and 22mm rear, all adjustable. coilovers still in the mail.

I would like to bump this ute to 450rwhp as a goal and run with that. should be enough power to be fun, yet still low enough not to break parts.... hopefully. I plugged hptuners into it and noticed they really detune the engine from factory, so seems like a bit of a gain can be made from that.

cruisn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Ute
Ended up with a set of tiens, 7kg front and 9kg rears, should be stout enough to deal with hard corners, yes soft enough with the dampning adjusted to not break backs driving down the highway.

Sent from my taco stand

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Nice ute mate.
The pics are so good love that colour.

cruisn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Ute
Nice ute mate.
The pics are so good love that colour.

Thanks mate. I am super happy with the unit. need a bit of a buff. I do photography as a bit of a side hobby. so I seem to normally have decent photos of my rides.
sometimes a friend from back home has a crack at some photo editing and comes up with unique touches. he did this:

I thought it looked pretty cool actually

cruisn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Ute
Decided to paint the roof black and see how I liked it. im enjoying it. sorta on the fence. will give it a few more days and make a final call.

Went on a cruise last night, good time.

Also santa dropped off some coilovers..

ASxTecH

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF LSA Maloo
Decided to paint the roof black and see how I liked it. im enjoying it. sorta on the fence. will give it a few more days and make a final call.

Went on a cruise last night, good time.

Also santa dropped off some coilovers..

Looks like Santa has done shopping well :)

cruisn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Ute
Santa knows his ****, haha

Had a good look under the ute last weekend, doesnt have catback, jsut had the rear mufflers chopped.. derp. oh well, clean slate to start from which is great.

VTSSLS1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS LS1 A4 227rwkw
IMO, I dont like the matt black roof, gloss black suits them much better IMO. Almost makes it look like a continuation of the windscreen.

cruisn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Ute
Did a bit of wrapping, used gloss black vinyl. I like the roof. not sure on the hood.

1656284_10153892977965061_1387873172_n.jpg