Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 2010 VE Omega. First car

taba_321

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega S2
Hey guys, pretty new to the forums; but love seeing what people are doing to their cars !

Just wanted to show some pics of my first car and what i plan to do with it in the future.
I know the mods are nothing extravagant or expensive, but it's just a few little things that make my car stand out from the common omega on the roads.
would like to get some ideas for future mods, and happy to share info if anyone's keen on doing the same mods.

Model: 2010 Series 2 Omega
Colour: Karma Metallic

Mods:
LED Strip
Reverse Camera
GPS
HID's
Calais type chrome moulding
LED reverse lights
FE2 Suspension

Future Mods:
I'm pretty short on money at the moment but would like to get some:

SSV 19'' Wheels
SSV Tail lights

Just an update; I got some new wheels ! tell me what you think

wheels.jpg

6.jpg6666.jpg5.jpg4.jpg3.jpg2.jpg1.jpg122.jpg13.jpg10.jpg9.jpg8.jpg7.jpg1515.jpg

Last edited:

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
It's fine as it is. Enjoy.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Nice starting point mate, love the colour.Get a SS/SV6 front bar on the front and it will look even better.

Sent from my GT-I9507 using Tapatalk

taba_321

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega S2
Thanks guys,

I was actually thinking of changing the front bar, but I wasn't sure about wiring the fog lights and if it would look right without the side skits and back bar to match.

I'm looking at a set of 19inch ssv wheels atm if I get them I'll post up a pic!

Would you consider $800 a good price ?

jr_

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II Sportwagon
Would you consider $800 a good price ?

It depends on wheel condition (ie how much gutter rash they have, if any) and brand and condition of tyres. Personally, if they had real cheap brand tyres with half tread - too expensive, half tread on Bridgestones - I'd say fair price. (FYI;
Bridgestone website states 8mm tread on new tyres and markers are 1.6mm).

jr_

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II Sportwagon
I was actually thinking of changing the front bar, but I wasn't sure about wiring the fog lights and if it would look right without the side skits and back bar to match.

Car looks good.

Have you considered taking the path less travelled, making it look more like a Berlina/Calais (as you've put on the Calais V side chrome strip) than an SV6?

May end up costing the same as an SV6-kitted Omega but your ride will be more unique.

NB: S2 Calais V 19" wheels are the same as S2 SSV wheel - but with silver bit black centre caps (ie you can still get 19" SSV's heading down this path.

lol h8a

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 ve sv6 ute 06 vz executive tf Gemini
Have you considered taking the path less travelled, making it look more like a Berlina/Calais (as you've put on the Calais V side chrome strip) than an SV6?

hey mate your car looks mint
as said above if you want to stand out from the common omega, berlina/calais look will stand out better then being ss/sv6 as heaps of people with omega's have done it before
that being said its your car enjoy it

taba_321

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega S2
It depends on wheel condition (ie how much gutter rash they have, if any) and brand and condition of tyres.

thanks mate,

They have a brand called "RADAR" never really heard of it before, but they have 90% tread

taba_321

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega S2
Have you considered taking the path less travelled, making it look more like a Berlina/Calais

yeah, I think that's the path I'm going to take !

what are your thoughts on the DRL's ?
I really like the DRL's on the new VF and HSV.
I rekon they don't look too "aftermarket" and definitely get second looks haha

jr_

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II Sportwagon
They have a brand called "RADAR" never really heard of it before, but they have 90% tread

I never heard of Radar tyres, personally I'd keep looking 'cos I wouldn't be comfortable driving on them, say in the rain at 110km/h on the highway.

DRL have their place - on cars that came out of the factory with them on. Due to legal issues and unwanted attention from cops, i wouldn't ever consider them. But, your ride, your choice, make it how you want it to look.