Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 2012 VE SSV Z Series

MrBags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z SERIES
Related to my car, new gears (3:45’s) are brilliant and make a big difference to driving around town. Much happier now, no freeway yet so can’t comment on that.
Have ordered brand new genuine headlights and genuine fog lights so they will be fitted at some point in the future and smarten the front up a bit. No rush for that to happen but I will get around to it when I feel like learning how to remove the bar!!

MrBags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z SERIES
Firstly, Merry Xmas to you all, be safe and have a great break to those lucky enough to get one.
My SS is gone from the garage and won’t be back until mid January!
So sad seeing the garage floor.
Dropped it off to Luke at Hasty Auto Trans for a service and general check over before it hits GM Motorsport for a tune on the 11th January.
Luke has gone above and beyond this time around, he is actually closed but is going to get mine done over the break in order to make the dyno day. Bloody legend.
I will be taking straight to GM Motorsport from Hasty’s before it see’s home again.
Fingers crossed for some good results.

Auscon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 HOLDEN VE SSV REDLINE
Where did you get your lip spoiler from? And does it have the same holes as original?

MrBags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z SERIES

MrBags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z SERIES
Off to a good start, fluid is looking great.
08DB9E86-656A-477F-9034-D1FB678D6EBB.jpeg

MrBags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z SERIES
It’s closer to home now!!
Picked the car up this morning from Hasty Auto Trans and drove straight up the highway to GM Motorsport for a tune.
Has a OEM deep sump now, and a few more internal mods while we were at it. Box feels better than ever even though it was just in “D” (requested by Luke at Hasty) and wrong shift points still because of the diff gear change.
Interested to see how it all goes with full going over by GM now :)
Here is a snap from underneath because I don’t get to see it often!

1AC8F47D-768B-47C4-8826-47A9B32D7BD4.jpeg

notStock

evolving
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SS M6
Where'd you find the proper GXP bumper? I should do that to mine given it needs repairing anyway.

MrBags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z SERIES
Where'd you find the proper GXP bumper? I should do that to mine given it needs repairing anyway.
From a guy I know who wrecks HSV’s as a side job. Came up in conversation about the diffuser sagging a bit and he said he had one!

MrBags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z SERIES
Ok, so she is home and running better than ever. Tune at GM Motorsport has made the car so much nicer to drive. The previous tune was done in 2014 and had a fair bit of room for improving on. Hard to describe how much better it behaves but no bucking or trying to push through the converter anymore, doesn’t hunt for idle etc. Shifts are way nicer now too. So happy.
Now the numbers I guess, it is below what was stated when I bought it but without any proof it was speculation but please don’t think I am disappointed in anyway! Quite the opposite.
So, peak power was 375rwkw however there is the little matter of torque.
945NM from 3500rpm.
Incredibly happy with everything now, should have done it ages ago.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Nothing wrong with those figures especially for whats been done to the car.
That torque figure is quite interesting though.
I'm guessing near the upper end of the rev range it tapers off a bit? because otherwise that kw figure would be higher?

Hows it feel to drive? Is it really tame or quite a pain to drive it like a normal car?
If its like driving any standard car youve hit the jackpot, loads of power but very sleeperish.