Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 2016 SSV

mantaray56

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 Z
Great color, great update on the brembo's great car

notStock

evolving
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SS M6
Looks great now just drop her on her belly will be even nicer :beer chug:

Just give me another three months of ownership and maybe something like that will happen :whistling

Three months and one day of ownership and it's only just gone over 1500km on the odo.

Where did you pick the callipers up from? Iv been thinking on getting a set but didn't think they would fit.
Cheers

I've been watching eBay for a while. These turned up as pull offs from a redline - #### knows why they pulled em off, maybe to fit HSV brakes or whatever.

notStock

evolving
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SS M6
Rear brembos.

On:

We have clearance (clarence)

Test driven:

Redline brake conversion complete. Anyone keen to buy my old 345mm fronts?

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
Brakes look good mate! But holy hell does this have a lift kit? Or is that stock? Looks soo much higher than most other stock VFs I've seen.

notStock

evolving
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SS M6
Brakes look good mate! But holy hell does this have a lift kit? Or is that stock? Looks soo much higher than most other stock VFs I've seen.

Ha! It's stock. Only got 2300km's on it so things have barely had time to settle, also it's a pretty unflattering angle. 2nd pic is still on the jack as well, that's not ride height. Lowering might happen after I move house and **** - that's never fun.

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ha! It's stock. Only got 2300km's on it so things have barely had time to settle, also it's a pretty unflattering angle. 2nd pic is still on the jack as well, that's not ride height. Lowering might happen after I move house and **** - that's never fun.

Oh no worries, bet you're loving the brakes! Stock brakes to Brembo's is like night and day!

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
I'm sure this is a stupid question (please excuse my mechanical ignorance) but did you change the rotors also or was it just the callipers? Also did car originally have the Police brakes fitted to the front?

Last edited:

notStock

evolving
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SS M6
I'm sure this is a stupid question (please excuse my mechanical ignorance) but did you change the rotors also or was it just the callipers? Also did car originally have the Police brakes fitted to the front?

"The only stupid question is the one left unasked"

These brakes use different rotors to either the stock SS brakes or the US spec caprice brakes

Redline (brembos, 4 piston front and rear): 355mm front, 360mm rear
USA police: 345mm front, 324mm rear
Stock VF: 322mm front, 324mm rear

And yeah my car came with the 345mm front discs with the big single piston calipers.

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
"The only stupid question is the one left unasked"

These brakes use different rotors to either the stock SS brakes or the US spec caprice brakes

Redline (brembos, 4 piston front and rear): 355mm front, 360mm rear
USA police: 345mm front, 324mm rear
Stock VF: 322mm front, 324mm rear

And yeah my car came with the 345mm front discs with the big single piston calipers.

Excellent info...appreciate the response and is brilliant to know the mod can be done without the need to change rims. This will be my next mod....I'd also like the stock SSV wheels painted that same gun metal grey colour as the inside of the rim as I think it will look good on the Slipstream. Can I ask what the total cost of the mod was for you?