Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 2016 SSV

notStock

evolving
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SS M6
OK, thing got sold today. Thanks everyone for the love, and I'll still answer any questions re brembos.

cashie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V
That's sad, what did you change into?
I'm keen to know that the Brembos will definitely fit behind VF1 SSV rims. Looks like there heaps of room between the stock calipers and the spokes.

SSVREDLINE2014

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Any issues with squealing rear brembo brakes after your upgrade? Did the same thing to my car with all geniune redline series 2 brembo parts and mine squeal? I'm using qfm pads in my rear brembo cailpers..

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
Any issues with squealing rear brembo brakes after your upgrade? Did the same thing to my car with all geniune redline series 2 brembo parts and mine squeal? I'm using qfm pads in my rear brembo cailpers..

Mine do the exact same with the HPX pads

SSVREDLINE2014

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Mine do the exact same with the HPX pads
I've been told by numerous performance shops that you should only use brembo brake pads. Not sure why but will try them very soon to see if it improves it..

notStock

evolving
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SS M6
That's sad, what did you change into?

I've got a VE now, I was after something cheaper and more mod friendly. Thread later maybe.

I've been told by numerous performance shops that you should only use brembo brake pads. Not sure why but will try them very soon to see if it improves it..

This car had genuine Brembo pads and PBR rotors, no squealing issues in the 9 months it had the big brakes.

SSVREDLINE2014

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
[/QUOTE]This car had genuine Brembo pads and PBR rotors, no squealing issues in the 9 months it had the big brakes.[/QUOTE]

Are these brakes geniune brembo rear cailpers?

notStock

evolving
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SS M6
This car had genuine Brembo pads and PBR rotors, no squealing issues in the 9 months it had the big brakes.[/QUOTE]

Are these brakes geniune brembo rear cailpers?[/QUOTE]

Nah they were actually the plastic stick on covers and you've all been duped.

/s

Yes, everything was legit.

JB SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SS
Hey @notStock - jumping in on a very old thread but someone pointed me to this - I have your old VF2 SSV. I picked it up in August 2017. Great work getting the Brembos on it, that was the selling point. I was specifically after a silver manual SSV and when this came up I knew it was meant to be.

It’s had a cam and heads done since picking it up, but still riding high on the stock suspension ha ha.

notStock

evolving
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SS M6
Hey @notStock - jumping in on a very old thread but someone pointed me to this - I have your old VF2 SSV. I picked it up in August 2017. Great work getting the Brembos on it, that was the selling point. I was specifically after a silver manual SSV and when this came up I knew it was meant to be.

It’s had a cam and heads done since picking it up, but still riding high on the stock suspension ha ha.

@JB SSV Well that's nice to hear that someones looking after the thing. Been thinking of getting another now my life is in a better place. Just get some coilovers or something in it now.