Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 5 litre turns over but only fires up if i spray ether into the throttle body seems to have fuel pressure the regulator

Kunoll

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn Calais 5l
My vs 5 litre turns over but only fires up if I spray ether into the throttle body. seems to have fuel pressure at the regulator any ideas

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Too hard to say over the web. I'd be seeing of the injectors are working first and going from there. @immortality or @gtrboyy might have some more insight as the play around around with old V8s.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Any check engine light? Display your error codes as per the link below. You might also provide some background to the problem, for example, has the engine ever been running?, what happened during the time it was last running and now?, was anything changed? How long have you had the car, is it a recent purchase?

Kunoll

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn Calais 5l
I've only had it for a couple of weeks. The guy I bought it from said it was running three years ago when he bought it. It had no battery or alternator when I bought it I've purchased new ones and fitted them. I haven't put a belt on the alternator yet just attached the wires to turn the engine over. I've also found a broken wire in the harness that comes through the firewall on the passenger side behind the strut tower looks like it might have been chewed. None of the lights indicators radio fan wipers or hazard lights work but the reds light up when I turn the key on and the immobiliser light goes on and off with the key like it should