Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my 66' impala hardtop :)

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
:( slowly slowly slowly.

i did get this stuff though (finally)
DSC04112.jpg

rear control arm bushes, engine mounts and trans mount, rear discs (still dont know what they are off) pipe bender, tube cutter and double flare tool (all cheap ****) ordered this:
ally%20tandem%20mc.jpg

should be here this arvo/tomorrow AM, so all i gotta do now is wander down to ABS and grab some brake line and flare nuts and get started.

im thinking of boxing my control arms too. but thats a story thatll need pictures.

THEN, after that ima start looking for a T700 rebuilder. dunno if i mentioned it already, but it seems a tonne easier to fit it to the SBC and get it running 100% before i just testing its limits with the BBC. since ill need to get the tailshaft shortened anyway for both engines.

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Lol trikk i was more reffering to the fact i have a v6 th700 coluum shift that needs a new home....

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
time for moar pics dump. decided that working for money was boring so instead i would waste my life working on my own car. of course i assumed i could get all these parts:

DSC04116.jpg

fitted in one day. well i was wrong. by the end of day two, my pile of stuff looked like this:
DSC04133.jpg

took the diff off and gave it a peticure:
DSC04117.jpg

into:
DSC04119.jpg

of course the ebay "1966 impala 12 bolt rear disc kit" was HORRIBLY incorrect. by the time i found out though i was well into the build. had already drilled out the old wheel studs and pressed in new ones, so my opportunity to turn back to drums was over. all i could do was [cringe] weld the adaptor plates on to my diff :s i know i know. but its done now.
DSC04130.jpg

*flying car* :)
DSC04118.jpg

all bushes in the rear were replaced with neo's. upper and lower control arms and track bar (pan hard) there were two smaller bushes missing from the kit. but the dealer from energy suspension was good enough to send them to mae. he basically called me a liar and asked if i had "tried to fit them and stuffed them up" i chuckled. "mate, you can press these things in with your hand, how the f@%k would i stuff it up??!!?" so he begrudgingly send me the missing pair:
DSC04131.jpg

the kit from UPC was just plain AWESOME! the only mods necessary were shortening a bolt that fouled with my steering stop, and i had to widen the top mounting hole to allow a bigger thread bolt in:
DSC04124.jpg

wheels fit on perfectly:
DSC04125.jpg

had to buy all new whel nuts though. i dont mind though cos' these studs now are 1/2" which is MUCH bigger than the old crap. only problem is i think my new nuts may be too long to fit the chrome center caps back on, but i will worry about that when the time comes.

the wilwood master cylinder is a perfect fit. allows me heaps of room for the 4-fluffy-4 later on. also has fittings on the RHS so i am going to run my lines down that way, meaning more room again for the fluffy.
DSC04126.jpg

and just while i am here. who thinks i should take this:
DSC04136.jpg

and cut it off here:
DSC04134.jpg

then just put some dumpers on it :D

anyway, i still have to run all the lines, so she may not be moving again till monday. depending on how pedantic i get with getting the lines to look nice.

enjoy!