Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my 66' impala hardtop :)

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
Ari. Don't make me fkn say it again.
te3e8egy.jpg

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
all that talk of bench seat, column shift auto id thought youd want to go for a more nostalgic combo. like bronze pearl bottom/champagne pearl top, or champagne pearl bottom white pearl top? something where you can just accent the existing interior color and roll (with a good clean of course). just something from that cream gold pallet...

what ever tickles you dude, tell me what your thinking and ill grab a scrap part and lay some test colors, something you can hold and see at every angle... you can still go black but again its the fiddly upkeep that will make you want to torch the car....

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I'd look at what cars of the era were painted OEM and start from there. Then fit a nice set of retro modern wheels (nfi what you have in mind) and enjoy :)

Black on that car is fine for the matt "rat rod" style. Anything beyond that the guys are right - it's a shitload of metal that needs to be perfect otherwise you'll never be happy.