Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my 66' impala hardtop :)

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Ari, did you end up getting this to any of the meets on the weekend ? If so, how was it received ?

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
i went to the official bogan meet and greet in somewhere of warragal rd Vic today. im not sure how it was recieved cos i was more interested in walking 6 kms to the nearest other car with chrome bumpers and without a 6k sound system.

by i did have one OUTSTANDING moment. it went like this:

be fluffy
arrive at boganfest
avoid running over munters
pick up fellow JC crew
cruise like bosses
temps be quite high
find a spot
fat bitches be like: hhhfiwqhfuiehi *somethign through lack of teeth"
guess spot is no
find new spot
new spot haz bike in it
new spot is no
fins smallest spot on the face of the planet
smart car fail
manages two-shot park
brakes.
kk lets see if fluid boils over
flips hood
no fluid
@winning.jpg
walk somewhat away
fellow bogan cacks his trousers
HAHAHAH.jpg
nek minit: face sober as a judge
bees like WTF.gif
takes pic of car
fluffy wins

was prety much all i could ask for. ive said it once and ill say it again, i LOVE the intake because it doesnt look like it belongs there. you shouldve seen this guys face. he mustve been like "HA V6 BITCH" then been like: yeah wait no.. yeah hang on wtf??/

broke his brain.

winning

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
Fluffy powa least it shouldn't fall on its face as bad now

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Some good breaky lols there. Thanks.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
ugh, what a ****-cnut day today. various personal problems popped up which i wont go into, and dyno day went... welll mixed.

on one hand ill say up front, trent from chequered tuning is a total legend and i couldnt recommend him highly enough. not only letting me hang around and watch him work, he dumped 3.5 hours into it and then wouldnt let me pay because "i normally spot problems like that on the first go" [refering to the injectors] i dumped a POS car/engine/ecu combo on him, he basically took a tune which was non-existant and made the car not only run, but deliver 220kws so im gonna send him a bottle of scotch when my personal issues are finalised.

aaaanyway, dyno day delivered pretty much the exact same end result as the last time, 210kws (but we couldnt do a proper run for reasons explained below), so im still chasing ponies to try and reach my 454HP figure. bit sad really cos' i did kinda have my hopes up. the "limiter bashing" in neutral of course was a whole different story when the car went under load, same end result, engine hits approx 5300rpm and just dies. completely falls on its arse. the rise up to 5300 though is AWESOME!!! just rips the dyno to shreds. but yeah, then craps out and doesnt do anything.

anyway, the main thing is he got an AFR thats pretty much a flat line all the way to 53. setup all the torque calcs for the transmission so now its lovely to drive *except one thing ill discuss in a bit* its really quite fun cos' he dropped base idle down so its nice 600ish rpms, then when you go in gear it flares and pops up a bit. but the coolest bit is when it shifts down for lights and whatnot it flares and pops gears. i love it. driving it makes me smile now.

HOWEVER. and here is the **** part: the trans is cooking. it gets so hot it cooks my radiator and in doing so cooks the engine. trent had to call it on power runs twice cos' we went into the danger territory, as a final result we couldnt really do a run to get better than our first result. :( boo

anyway, i re-plumbed the trans cooler to feed in before the rad at a servo i had to stop at (cos' overheating) with a really nice gree pea-plater apprentice audi worker/commodore driver who had all his tools with him *thanks mate, legend* while i was sitting contemplating life and why the cosmos hates me. the change in plumbing didnt do ****.

so right now im sitting waiting till temps drop a bit, and im gonna do the unthinkable and remove the lines to the rad completely and run solely on cooler, which i guess will cook this trans in a matter of minutes, then kill all the friction plates, then ill be forced to rebuild it.

fkn brilliant.

so in summary, trent is a legend, the cars running GREAT, the trans is an arsehole and the cosmos hates me.

the end.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
the trans will be the hardest part to get right slipping makes mega heat even slurring up or down gears.most 4L60e failures are tuning related.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
If the trans got that hot it's already ####ed. Thought it was fairly much toast many posts ago though?

I would have thought the factory calibration would be fairly good for the 4l60e other than needing more line pressure in the low TPS areas because of the extra torque of the 454.