Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 71' LC Torana

Phantom10

'TOP DECK' 71 Torana
Reaction score
Members Ride
71 LC Torana SL & 89 Skyline Ti
Fitted the Air Dam now Looks Sweet :p

AD1.jpg

AD2.jpg

Phantom10

'TOP DECK' 71 Torana
Reaction score
Members Ride
have decided to go with a blown red motor, bought a 186 today, with Duralite pistons, turbo cam, new lifters, rods etc. was running a blower but he killed it so doesnt come with that. but have another one lined up hopefully should have in a month or so.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Whatever you do with it, don't screw this car up. It is too rare and looks bloody excellent as it is. Your mods so far have been intelligent and appropriate. Put a blower on if you must, and by all means fit a worked 186, but remember that LC Toranas were build long before Holden discovered that cars should handle and stop properly. If you are going to boost the power, make sure the suspension and brakes are as good as you can get them. Even if the car is comparitively low mileage, the suspension bushes will probably be the originals which means they are 40 years old and well overdue for replacement. Same thing applies to the shocks, steering connecting rubber bush and possibly hydraulics.

Phantom10

'TOP DECK' 71 Torana
Reaction score
Members Ride
yea it wont be going that fast, but have yet to do the shocks, springs, brakes etc and i will eventually get all new nolathane bushes. i want to keep it clean and original as i can, as u said they are getting harder to get and more expensive, and i plan to keep this one in the family.

doms3

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz
Love it ,love old school

Phantom10

'TOP DECK' 71 Torana
Reaction score
Members Ride
supercharger plans havent worked out, so purchased a set of Triple SU carbs and will build a warm- hot streeter :p sux that everything i plan keeps changing due to little things tho

SquishyShoes

or something like that
Reaction score
Members Ride
Shoes
I was going to look for this thread the other day, but ran out of time, good to see an update. :thumbsup:

Phantom10

'TOP DECK' 71 Torana
Reaction score
Members Ride
Change to engine

SU's have arrived and am waiting to get some $$ to buy rollers and, an XU-1 style cam but better using my uncles custom grind to replace the Turbo cam thats in it atm. then once i get around to building it and gettin it prepped to go in, it should be still pretty quick but more tame than supercharged.

Attachments

• Triple SU's.jpg
    Triple SU's.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 510

Head_is

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 SV6 Sedan
I always wanted a torana... Damn this looks so clean and sexy! You got a good buy, Just don't ruin it!!! :) I'm sure you won't judging on your decisions so far! Good luck with her!

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
gotta keep it as original as possible, as there aren't many around.

must be hard stopping yourself from modding the sh!t out of it though