Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 78 sports car a Lancia Montecarlo

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah , no actual physical progress.
Reading shxt = ( yeah I know have owned for an eternity= but still learning).
See first photo .
WTF = a 3ltr V6 = go like the the clappers = but sooo deadly = can I Have???
They as a 2ltr in line 4 while mid engine =because partly weight distribution but way more because they fxxked up over servoded brakes = handling/brakeing= early Porsche 911 handling characteristics .

Also knew from very early on 1 of less than a total of 7800.
But to be 1 of 2080 first series coupes.
And 1 of 28 1978 models = OH !!!!! Never knew that !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Before the other day!
And that's not even broken down to RH verious LH drive.
Might add there is ( not that I know of any difference between any first series ). Specification wise!

Last edited:

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well got Auto Italia mag today =NOV 21 mag = a very modern/ update of the Lancia 037 = go like stixk!!!
Fxxk how many would I kill for !!!!
Unlike the Montecarlo endurance racer the 037 was not included in the Monte Production #s.
= 1983 = Lancia 037 , the last 2 wheeled drive ( ever) to win the world Rallye championship ( just over 200 road going cars) and it beat the Audi quattro 4 wheel drive to boot to claim the 83 championship.
It shared the center tub and cast iron engine block with the Monte ( as does apparently this new version does).
There are /is a manufacturer of the traditional car /kit = convert a Monte into a 037 Rallye.
It is bloody tempting !!!!!!

https%3A//i.imgur.com/WO0f56t.jpg[/img]']

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Love my Holdens but can I Have ?!!!
Oh , Yeah , can I have ? !!!!
Replica Stratos === Yessss= because only 492 genuine and = well they're worth a Fxxxxx fortune.
But other World Rallye Champs = even rarer = 037 Rallye = last 2 wheeled drive to win the World championship , = only 200 oddish made!!!
They have won more world titles than any other manufacture and yet have not competed since early 90s

Last edited:

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
A friend had one many year ago, it went hard for what it was and handling was great. Brother had a Fiat 124 with twin SU's and a bit of work to it back in the day as well.

As for Colour? i don't think original matters this far down the track as it is a respray anyways.
Best of luck with the project