Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My '79 VB SL/E

BOOST666

Classic not plastic
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
'79 VB SL/E 253, VY SS II
2jfas1z.jpg

2zf5opd.jpg

b4hi6p.jpg

BOOST666

Classic not plastic
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Got a fair bit done with the old girl today, diff pinion seal was leaking like a sieve, replaced headlight wiper wiring loom so they work now, detailed the interior and fixed the height adjuster on the drivers seat, pretty happy with how it's coming along.

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
BLACK VY SS :)
Looks alright, I think you should keep the current wheels they suit it, there bit but they do have that old school style about them. I'm sure the 15s would drive nicer but for looks i reckon they look better than the stock wheels by far.

Otherwise its coming along nicely, Why the bonnet scoop, why not a smaller filter? one of those pics shows the carpark line, and it looks like the front of the car has a lip on it, was bit confusing for a minute there.

BOOST666

Classic not plastic
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
I wouldn't mind a smaller filter and a new bonnet, I like the reverse cowl look but still undecided, an SL/E should be kept classy huh

BOOST666

Classic not plastic
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
wasn't being sarcastic mate,i know these little things can annoy and take a long time to fix is all I meant,anyways car does look good with those wheels

Cheers mate, there really isn't a lot that "needs" to be done, because it's a really tidy car for its age, but there is a list of things that I want to take care of just to make it spot on. I wish I had the time to get it done asap but having a young family doesn't allow for that, it's good to have a project as a bit of an escape too.

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
I know the feeling all too well lol,when you have the cash theres no time and when there is time no money,ah well all good things come to those who wait

BOOST666

Classic not plastic
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
So I got defected for the filter and exhaust being diff dumped, only a matter of time really.
I tried to play dumb about the filter, Cop said "When has a car come from the factory with a protrusion through the bonnet, it's not legal". So I said "What about the GTHO Falcons with shaker scoops", to which he replied "Don't get smart mate it'll only make it worse for you".... He didn't like being pwned...
I've got my hands on a VH Group3 scoop to cover the filter, not sure how that will look yet, might have to source another bonnet and run a smaller filter.
As far as exhaust goes, it sounds sick right now for only having a single 2.5" diff dump system. I want to keep that sort of sound but want to run twins, would a twin 2.5" with centre mufflers and straight pipes be the go or 2.25"?