Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 82 VH Project

blackstig

Reaction score
Members Ride
82 VH SL & 85 VK Executive
hi i'm sam
thought i may as well start a thread on my vh project, its my first car and i plan to have it roadworthy by the time i get my p's. its a 82 sl or sl/x (still not quite sure which one) with a 202 and trimatic. it has got the usual rust in the spare wheel well and under the front windscreen. the interior is stuffed, no carpet and the drivers seat has been dog eaten and there was a dead rat on the back floor, and the head lining needs replacing. it came with 5 brand new tires and half a tank of fuel for $400.
some pics
IMAG0016.jpg
IMAG0043.jpg
IMAG0014.jpg
IMAG0011.jpg

blackstig

Reaction score
Members Ride
how much should i expect to pay for the whole interior for a SL?

Unbreakable

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 VH SL
Depends mate, I've seen sets of SLE trim for under $500 on ebay before, since your in SA there are lots of local swap meets have seen full interiors there before as well pretty cheap, just a matter of looking around. You could always get it custom made from your original trims or try it yourself.

On another note on ebay they sell carpets for VH's plush pile for $150 not bad going to buy one myself next payday.

magnetvh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 381pack
Throw up ur vin plate details and I'll or some1 on here can tell ya if it's a SL or SLX b4 u go buy interior for it.

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
door trims look like SL/X
looks like the interior needs a fair bit of work, but if you keep your eye out on ebay, you should be able to tidy up for not a lot of money

blackstig

Reaction score
Members Ride
my build plate
model: vh8vk69-167
body: 1989-65x
paint: 1d 005-b
jun 82
eng: l14 trans: m40 rraxle: gu4

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
Nice starting point mate, the interior looks shagged but the labels look SUPRISINGLY straight?

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
strip it to its bare bones and start again

blackstig

Reaction score
Members Ride
the only dents ive found are where the surface rust is on the front of the bonnet and in the drivers side rear quarter panel. i know that the car was once cameo yellow and that the drivers side doors were red. i need to start tidying up the shed so i can fit it in, we only have a 2 car garage at the moment and it has to fit an off road buggy and all of our tools.

Last edited:

blackstig

Reaction score
Members Ride
my uncle said he might have a white/cream vk berlina interior in his shed somewhere that i can have, it sucks that only sold a claret interior recently. just a question about seat belts is it still legal to have the original ones or do they need to be replaced, there still in decent condition (no frays, sun-damage etc.). if its illegal then where is the best place to get new ones?