Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 84 Calais Mock VK

Mad84VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S Ute
Make / Model: 1984 VK SL
Colour: Pacific Turquoise body and Asteroid Silver Moulds
Engine Type: 202
Exhaust: 2 inch exhaust with extractors, to a 2.5 inch dumper
Gearbox: Factory 4 Speed Manual
Diff: Standard
Brakes: Standard disc front but disc back (No idea what they are)
Suspension: Supers i think..
Stereo: Kenwood head unit, 2 x 6 inch Clarion speakers in front doors, 2 x 12 inch Sound Stream Subwoofers in boot, soon to be 2 type s 6x9's in the parcel shelf.
Other Mods: Calais tail lights and garnish, Calais door moulds, Calais front grill, Central Locking, full Berlina interior

I bought the car february this year for $1775 and its come a long way. I have spent about $5000 (including rego and RWC) on it and lots of hard working hours. When I got the car it barely ran and had quite a few problems. The vacuum system was terrible and the cars steering was terrible. I redid the steering side of things and found that the shockers weren't even screwed into the struts. It has been resprayed with the original color Pacific Turquoise so its super clean. It also has full Berlina interior.
List of what i have done:
-New water pump
-New thermostat
-New belts
-New plugs
-New radiator fluid
-New battery
-New tire rod ends
-New ball joints
-New front shockers
-Pulled the tank out and cleaned it up and redid all the fuel and vapor lines
-**** loads of work to the Vacuum system
-Cleaned the whole intake manifold system

Some Photos of Progress !

DSC00978.jpg

DSC00981.jpg

DSC01026.jpg

DSC00166.jpg

DSC00055.jpg

DSC00051.jpg

DSC00061.jpg

DSC00062.jpg

DSC00069.jpg

DSC00056.jpg

DSC00066.jpg

DSC00105.jpg

DSC00135.jpg

DSC00138.jpg

DSC00165.jpg

Last edited:

Mad84VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S Ute
i chucked some new rims on and it looks 100 times better

DSC00192.jpg

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
Looking good, do the front wheels center caps not fit? I had a problem with the new bearing caps being bigger then originals which didn't let them fit, maybe thats the case with yours?

Calais door trim and lights look good.

DRUMMO

Reaction score
Members Ride
84 vk
hey mate where did ya get the full door moulds at?

Mad84VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S Ute
they came with the car man... but you can buy them off ebay. if not ask around the forum or other forums. im sure someone will have some floating around!

Jarrad.

Vk Project Car
Reaction score
Members Ride
85 VK Calais , 05 VZ HBD Calais
Nice vk man paint looks clean, with your brakes im guessing there drum brakes if they dont look like the front cause only calais and v8s came with front and rear discs in pritty sure, my other vk berlina had drum rears also, are you going to put a rear calais garnish on? Also did you put the 6" speakers in the front doors? And where abouts are they on the door?

Mad84VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S Ute
thanks man :) im pretty sure it had a respray b4 i got it. but this is the original color. and yeah they are defiantly disk brakes on the rear.. your right only the calais and v8's came with them so at one stage in time mine have been changed. with the garnish for the boot... i dont know at the moment. probably not. when i get the boot strip on it will look better. plus they are very expensive from what i've seen. ill take some pics of the stereo. the speakers i got done professionally. they are at the bottom corner of the front doors. but they have moulds. ill take a pic tomorrow :)

Jarrad.

Vk Project Car
Reaction score
Members Ride
85 VK Calais , 05 VZ HBD Calais
Thanks man pic would be great where abouts can u get them done professionally im in cranbourne and dont know if theres any places that do that kind of stuff near by. I got lucky when i made my berlina a calais mock cause i was at jollys u pull it and they just bought in a wrecked vk calais so i took all the side moulds and rear garnishes and only got charged $50 for the lot, also not long ago a guy on ebay was selling 7 calais boot strips 50 each so i went to his house to get 3 of the and he said take them all for 150 im guessing he didnt know how much they worth. I gove the doubles i had to my dad for my old car though

Jonno

:)
Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
Wish mine was this color!
Looks so good :)

Jonno

:)
Reaction score
Members Ride
;)