Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 85 VK

blackstig

Reaction score
Members Ride
82 VH SL & 85 VK Executive
with my VH project coming along slower than expected i needed a drivable car,
so when i was browsing for a sle or similar with a dead body but reasonable, engine gearbox, interior etc i came across this Vk

it had only done 200,000 which is low by my country standards but was in rough condition but the interior and drivetrain was all good
but it was only running on 3 cylinders at the best of times due to buggered plugs, leads and carby,
so i bought it and have been tidying it up over the last 3 months
io49.jpg

8tuo.jpg

bb4z.jpg

y7l3.jpg

Last edited:

blackstig

Reaction score
Members Ride
so far i have replaced the front seats with a pair of vs ones i had in the shed, the headlights, wheels, rear bumper, seat belts, and carby
i also grabbed the radiator plugs and leads out of the vh
tidied up some small things mainly the door molds and used some silicone on the boot seal
ik3o.jpg

mjsm.jpg

dqro.jpg

5355.jpg

Project_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais
Hows the car coming along? Would you consider having a set of clean stockies instead of the rims? Would look a treat, a cut and polish would do wonders too -

blackstig

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks, its coming along nicely, the rims are only on it because they were the only set with legal tires and were off my vh
i have recently acquired 2 sets of 15in stockies for it just need tires on them and paint the silver. they were free and came with the front half of a vn so i thought it was a good score:)

a pic of how it was when i got it
lzsa.jpg

cut and polish is lined up for when i redo the passengers side door because there is a shallow dent that the bog has cracked out of, i will just use some proper plastic filler and re paint the door then cut and polish the rest to match it a bit better
i was intending to do it soon but i have a vt (not a fan) im stripping at the moment taking up my time so might be a few weeks :(