Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My '91 VG 5sp Ute

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
Paint job looks epic. Amazing how much difference it makes doing the door trims. Love your seats btw. They just covers or?

jayko42

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VG Ute, VL Berlina, HT 307 Ute
looking grate.

Thanks mate.

Paint job looks epic. Amazing how much difference it makes doing the door trims. Love your seats btw. They just covers or?

Yeah I'm really happy how it's come out. The interior looks so much better black even though it's not finished yet haha. The seats are just VR seats with the HSV covers.

Wouldn't mind getting some custom leather seats done though.

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
Damn straight. Not sure what holden were thinking with the ugly ass grey interiors.

Would look great in leather. Not sure on your budget but I just went with proseat on ebay for my old ute. Cost me about $350 I think for the two. I had to rip all the material off and fit the leather myself (which is a prick job thanks to those hog rings) but it looked a treat.

jayko42

Reaction score
Members Ride
Damn straight. Not sure what holden were thinking with the ugly ass grey interiors.

Would look great in leather. Not sure on your budget but I just went with proseat on ebay for my old ute. Cost me about $350 I think for the two. I had to rip all the material off and fit the leather myself (which is a prick job thanks to those hog rings) but it looked a treat.

Yeah they look terrible. I have actually looked at those seats, going to get a quote from a local trim shop and see how much he says to do them in leather.

Well I've picked up a VP with full electrics and cruise so going to be ripping all that out of it and putting it in the ute.

Have a guess which is the parts car haha.

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Nice work!
Love the atlas grey. So happy you got rid of whatever paint job that was on it in the first place. Started reading your thread and saw the yellow/red/white paint job and then saw you were going to paint it, thought I was seeing pics of the finished job. Threw up a little in my mouth and kept reading (glutton for punishment).
Saw the huge effort you have put into this, great work.

Keep it coming, can't wait to see it finished!

jayko42

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nice work!
Love the atlas grey. So happy you got rid of whatever paint job that was on it in the first place. Started reading your thread and saw the yellow/red/white paint job and then saw you were going to paint it, thought I was seeing pics of the finished job. Threw up a little in my mouth and kept reading (glutton for punishment).
Saw the huge effort you have put into this, great work.

Keep it coming, can't wait to see it finished!

Haha thanks mate. Looks heaps better now. Hoping to get a heap done this weekend since I only have two weeks till I get my license, can't wait!

jayko42

Reaction score
Members Ride

She's almost there. Dash conversion is getting there, pain in the arse job though. We just have to paint the side skirts and rear bar. I have decided that instead of trying to fit the body kit myself and possibly stuffing it up I'm going to get someone to do it for me.

Does anyone know of any good places to fit a body kit in the Ballarat or maybe Melbourne area? Cheers

the local

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT 50th anniversary
looks good man.... one day mine might look this pretty

Danielzke

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commy
Looks so nice, thank god you got rid of that old paint... That was a shocker haha.. Love the new grey, chuck up some more pics

jayko42

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey guys haven't been on here for a while the ute's pretty much done just a few eletrical issues to sort out and a couple of bits of interior to put back in. Really happy with how it's come up, especially looks good with the new rear bar and side skirts. Here's a few more recent photos to have a look at.