Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 92 VP SS Manual

oosty85

YSPOOL
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 5.7 & VR CALAIS 5L
Bought this white 92 vp ss manual June 2015. 181,000kms all original running gear with a couple of mods, such as:

- Lowered suspension
- 3:9 diff gears
- Rip shifter
- Ecu chip and tune
- 2.5" exhaust from HSV headers back

Previous owner was 3rd owner and was asking $3500 and I was pretty stoked about that price, so only got him down to $3300 just because it's what buyers do lol..Came out of rego and needed a blue slip, so required a tip tray home, but changed a couple of bushes and it passed first go. It has been a perfect car for the last 11 months and has not missed a beat.. Really strong fresh motor!

since getting it on the road I have just cleaned it up a bit with a good inside & out detail and added a few minor mods such as:

- VY SS red leather seats
- 20" gold Simmons knock offs
- Lowered the rear a touch more
- VN SS steering wheel
- 3 piece rear venetians
- touch screen stereo & speakers

Future plans for the old girl is building up a VT 304 roller motor I just acquired with the usual 355 stroker kit, cam, alloy heads and large dual throttle body intake manifold and bigger exhaust.

Here are some pics :)

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
pretty tidy...

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Hey mate that looks awesome love a nice VP. Keep your old motor in the shed you might want the matching numbers one day.
Or better still, chuck the vt in and drive around with that until you build the numbers matching monster you are after.

oosty85

YSPOOL
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 5.7 & VR CALAIS 5L
Thanks guys, I'll definitely be holding on to the factory 304 and keep it free from seizure with a few crank rotations each year.
Looking forward to building the vt motor up and posting ideas on here for you blokes to throw feedback at me.

DEUCE - The exhaust will be interesting as I'm after a really deep rumble, sort of a specific sound I've really only heard on older era falcons/Holdens... every loud Commodore I've heard just doesn't sound even close to what I'm after

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
I'll get a Video up of mine one day. I reckon it has the older era sound to it (that's why I like it)

How hard was the interior conversion? I want a later model leather interior for mine.

oosty85

YSPOOL
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 5.7 & VR CALAIS 5L
That exhaust vid would be great mate, your SS seems the goods too!! I'll have to take a look at the thread if you made one for your car?

The vt-vz model seats into vn-vs was easier than i thought to be honest.. Here's a pic below of what needs to be done to the 2 front seats:

I used my existing rails from VP and attached 4 stainless steel plates to line the holes up on all corners.

The rear back pads were just a case of adding your own hook brackets on the back frame of car to line up the 2 outer pieces (that say ss) and the tunel requires a vt latch to lock tunnel in.

The bottom rear base was the most fiddly, but all you do is remove the plastic pull cord bits on outer brackets and twist the 2 metal brackets 90 degrees so they are running horizontal same direction as seat and with a bit of pursuasion, they will lock into the floor.

oosty85

YSPOOL
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 5.7 & VR CALAIS 5L
Made a start on the new 304 over the weekend by removing the loom, degreasing the block, sanded back and polished up the rocker covers.. I also found a neat twin throttle body for $800 and it also got a sand & polish to match! came up a treat I think :)

This throttle body was on a VL that had EFI motor, so it should be a direct bolt on with all the sensors and ports.

here are some pics:

Polished vs Unpolished

Before degreased:

New manifold sitting on top:

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
That exhaust vid would be great mate, your SS seems the goods too!! I'll have to take a look at the thread if you made one for your car?

The vt-vz model seats into vn-vs was easier than i thought to be honest.. Here's a pic below of what needs to be done to the 2 front seats:

I used my existing rails from VP and attached 4 stainless steel plates to line the holes up on all corners.

The rear back pads were just a case of adding your own hook brackets on the back frame of car to line up the 2 outer pieces (that say ss) and the tunel requires a vt latch to lock tunnel in.

The bottom rear base was the most fiddly, but all you do is remove the plastic pull cord bits on outer brackets and twist the 2 metal brackets 90 degrees so they are running horizontal same direction as seat and with a bit of persuasion, they will lock into the floor.

Cheers for the info.
Here's my build if you have a day to read over all the chatting too, LOL http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/vr-vs/206331-vr-v-8-ss-19.html