Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 98 VS Maloo II

bjc

Reaction score
Don't put a kit on it mate!!! Will ruin it!it already has the malloo kit what more do u want lol

i was refering to the auto mate, as in shift kit.

bjc

Reaction score
Not sure on the whitewalls, but the more I look at it the more I like. How about some shots of the interior?

interior is as clean as the outside, i just ordered a new leather handbrake boot, once thats replaced it will be pretty much faultless. kenwood amp behind passanger seat
with 6" in the doors and tweeters hidden up in the dash near the breather vents with kenwood headunit with ipod control that looks right at home with the maloo interior. oh and i have a fire extinguishers mounted between the drivers seat an the divers door.

will have to take a few more pics, sad thing is i just dont really have any to put up...

dobesz

355ssute
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ss ute
Thank f$ck for that lol

bjc

Reaction score
i know right lol. cant stand any kit on a commodore to be honest (obviously except for the factory fiited ones) im nearly sick everytime i see an older commodore with a later model kit on it. they never fit and just look wrong. only one i can handle is the gto on VT-VX like [trixtr]...

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
nice ute ( i have the slll 1998 maloo myslef) rare? thats what i 1st thought when i got mine lol.....mine is red and mint in side and out i have maloo coulson seats ( i think thats the name) in mine (came stock like that)..thay go for around 6k (low) 8k (high ) any were ( carsales.com thay are on offer for 6k up to 10 k) any over 7k tend not to sell.one of the reasons is the vu ute (if thats the 1 after the vs? ute) are sporting a 5.7ltr chev v8 and all the you rev head who just get off p plates are tending to go for the 5.7ltr v8...the maloo vs range is realy just a tarted up vs v8 ute with a few extras added,lsd,cruise,abs, were all available on vs stock v8 ute if wanted....im not putting our maloo,s down mate ( trust me im not) but to say thay are rare is pretty out there lol...not many of our models made i agree (mines 147 of 500 ) but rare ( if ment in resect of worth $$$ in years to come?? id so no)...........maloos wont go down in price as fast as a stock vs or ss v8 ute ( but wont be far behind) as i sad mines as stock as thay day it came out of the hsv in clayton vic wheels and all ( now mods bar the stereo) one of the biggest probs is the 5ltr was upped by a chev 5.7 ltr and rev heads just love power and chevs.im at the point that i eaither say (yeah its a hsv and will be we worth more$$$ down the track like in 2030 or say fark it and mod the libing **** out of it so its a mean looking machine ( so if you asked me a maloo owner? id say im better off modding the guts out of it than leaving it a low powered 5lr (vs 5.7 chev v8 )would be worth more stroked lowered with maj eng mods ( but then again that cost $$$$$) so its a catch 22 mate ....the days of lj.slr toranas and old for v8 turning a huge $$$ mark up wont happen 30yrs after a maloo is 1st made....classic muscle cars will always be from the 1950 to the misd 70s .in our age of almost plastice cars , pls dont take this post as a neg on your car .....im just saying from another 1998 maloo owners point of veiw.cheeeer
s

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
99' Series 3 VS S-Pac Ute.
This thing is perfect mate, love the sunroof and the sigs suit it to a tee!
Don't see many this clean anymore..