Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Alpine CDE-9843 and 'ERROR'

R Photon

I Like Bresciani Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Commodore
Hey,

I have had my Alpine CDE-9843 Head Unit for about 18 months and I have been extremely happy with it and it has given me no problems up until now.

Basically, I've put a CD in there that it hasn't liked and it's giving me the 'ERROR' message when I switch from Radio to CD. The CD has been taken out and it's not accepting anymore CDs.

I've followed the manual and all it can basically suggest is to reset it, which I did, but it hasn't solved anything, it goes on to say that if that doesn't work see your Alpine dealer.

I've sort of come to realisation with suggestions like that that its time for a new head unit.

I was taking a look at the Alpine website last night where it had a MP3 Head Unit for $199, but its been taken down and the cheapest one available is $229 (Alpine Electronics of Australia).

I didn't install the head unit, I got the place to install it when they did my whole system, so I was wondering if I were to buy this(Alpine Electronics of Australia) Head Unit could I just remove my old Head Unit and play connect the wires with the hole that looks like its going to fit?

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Hey mate,

OK, so your happy to get yourself a new head unit. First thing I would do would be to take the head unit out and check the connector on the back. Take a measurement of it and compare it to the connector on your new head unit. As both models are the same brand and are fairly close together in age, your chances are that the connectors will be a match and you can simply unplug the old and plug in the new. I will make the offer to you though that I am happy to have a quick look at the faulty unit for you, no charge, before you purchase a new one. Im also in Bris, PM me if your interested

kopper69

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
take it to alpine.
might be cheaper to fix it.
even if its not you still will have only wasted $40 odd.