Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My APR01 VX is a no-go

ocky78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX WGN
Hey all, Hope you are having a fantastic ANZAC day,

Well i Recently purchased a VX wagon manufactured Apr '01. I bought it for a steal as it has a few kays on it and was filthy inside and out. So I gave it a full detail in which I degreased & Gernie'd the engine bay with the engine running and since then it won't start. Today I replaced the CAS as I see (now) this is a common fault once water is forced in near the CAS, and have a new harmonic balancer on standby in case needed. Still no start. I have check engine fault diagnosis and it flashes 10-10-1-2 continuosly which I understand is 0012 - No system faults. Does anyne have an idea of what I have done? I read somewhere about another sensor under the coil pack which may also be effected by water?? Pleeeeeease help :)

Thanks in advance,

Glenn

billythakid

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx II Executive
My guess would be Pressure washing would have forced water between the coil pack and DFI module . How hot was the engine when it was washed

ocky78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX WGN
My guess would be Pressure washing would have forced water between the coil pack and DFI module . How hot was the engine when it was washed

Thanks for the reply billythakid,

I only had the engine running for a few minutes so it wouldnt have even been at full operating temp...the water being forced between ciol pack and DFI module - is this an easy fix or replacement item?

billythakid

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx II Executive
Coil packs will be the easiest option . start trouble shooting from there it may not be either as there are so many sensors that could be wet inside . Does it crank and not fire ? No cranking at all ?

ocky78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX WGN
Does it crank and not fire ? No cranking at all ?

Yeah it cranks and doesnt fire....I maybe should have mentioned this in my first post... the car has been sitting in the state for a few months now as today was the first chance i had to check it out. It was starting and running fine on the day of washing but NEK DAY it wouldnt start and has been parked since. Also today I rested the ECU to no result.

billythakid

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx II Executive
Source a cheapo Coil pack from the wreckers would be the go . If the fire get new ones

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
^^ good advice about not pressure washing the engine bay.

What's it doing? Can you hear the fuel pump priming? If not check the fuel pump relay.

If it's cranking but not stating check your plugs and leads / coil packs, Carefully pull each lead of the coil pack and check for corrosion, if any clean it up and make sure each lead is seated correctly. Coil packs 'should' be ok after a pressure wash, make sure you do some decent investigation before you go purchasing hundreds of $$ worth of parts.