Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Baby T Boned VF SS UTE 6SPD MANUAL

Discussion in 'Spray Painting and Panel Beating' started by Chastity, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Chastity

Chastity New Member

Members Ride:
    VF SS Ute
    Hi Guys, so I would like to hear some opinions on my baby that got T Boned by a Taxi a few weeks ago
    Now i used to work at Holden's left before VF tho and I was always under the impression that once a 'B' Pillar was damaged that it's a write off can anyone help me with an answer plz.

2. vc commodore

vc commodore Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    vc commodore
    First post pictures of the damage, however it maybe impossible to tell the extend of the damage...

the best suggestion is going to a panel beater to get their opinion, as they can see the damage in person and make a better judgement than someone over the interweb

3. c2105026

c2105026 Active Member

Members Ride:
    2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
    A neighbour had a new VX Lumina. It was t boned at 6 months old.

It’s b pillar was damaged, and it was repaired under warranty.

4. Bigfella237

Bigfella237 Active Member

Members Ride:
    More cars than I've got space to park!
    Anything is repairable. Whether it's economical to repair it or not is the insurance company's decision, they're the ones writing the cheque, you have very little say in the matter!

If for some reason you didn't have insurance yourself, and assuming you weren't at fault, then either the taxi company or their insurer should be writing the cheque, but they're not likely to do so voluntarily... better get yourself a lawyer.

If you were at fault and didn't have insurance then you can spend your money as you see fit, bearing in mind that you'll have to pay for repairing/replacing the taxi as well.

In either case, at least one panel beater will need to quote on the repair before anything else happens, and the decision will be made on the dollar total of that quote. An insurance company will almost always choose the cheaper option, be it repair, replace or pay out (depending on your policy of course).

Also remember that the amount they can recover by selling a written-off wreck has a bearing on their decision as well and a V8 manual VF would be a popular thing at auction.

Andrew