Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Baby (VS)

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
nice car mate the rims are roh rts ive got em on mine but 16's,

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Ya wanna paint your dash here is what I did-

1.Firstly remove the cluster surroundings by gently levering one side with a flat object and pull it slowly. (do a search in this forum, its being covered and some even post a pic)
2. Wash it or degrease it with a degreaser (thats what I did)
3. Grab a spray paint shake it well and do a very light coat over it. (Do it in a warm day or the finish will be dull - Not a good thing)
4. Keep doing the coats until all areas are covered (make sure you give it enough time between coats - say 3 min the least)
5. After finish coating laeve it in a warm place to quicken the drying process. (best way to do this is leave it in the car and leave the car out under the sun or crank up the heating in your house)Personelly I left it outside facing the sun for half an hour.
6. Do the same with other plastic interior bits.
simple as.

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
sounds too easy!

im VERY SOON going to be doing that to my VR but with Red.
No primers or anything used?

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
i did it on a ncie sunny day, dried very quickly!!! If its sunny just wait 2-3 mins inbetween coats, once all areas are covered do 1 more coat just to finish it off. Make sure to only do light coats otherwise the paint will run. Before putting it back in your car make sure it is completely dry (not only touch dry) as i scratched mine a bit witht he screw driver when putting it back in.

C

Commodore_Chick

sweet lookin VS u got there!! i like what you did with the interior it looks really good!
we are thinkin about doing it to our vs but cant choose a colour!

it should look sweet as when you get the 18"s!

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Yeah just can't wait to put her on 18" rims,

To tr3nt, I didn't use any primers cos I use the plastic Vynl paint that requires no primers.
I think primer should be used on very smooth surfaces where the paint can easy be scrubbed off.