Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My baby, VT Berlina!

TXB-409

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
Last night all my interior lights all went out, so today went to autobarn, got the 10A fuse for the interior illumination and fixed it all up.

Also, got my LED strips for my footwells today, got the switch to go with it and will be soldering it all up tomorrow arvo, should come out awesome.

Just wondering now where I would find the chrome strip that sits on the rear garnish like on the calais'?

Stevo

TXB-409

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
Went to pick-a-part today, got a view things and am in the process of spraying them all chrome, including handbrake button, auto shifter, door handles again as I wasn't overly happy with them, air vents and dash surround, here is the photo of them being sprayed;
pickapart.jpg

Also went ahead and started on my footwells, so far just done the passenger side but the driver's side will be completed tomorrow arvo!
And another photo to show the difference between the new LED's and the old shitty globe that was in there :) Loving it.
footwells.jpg

LthlThrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VU II SS
yeah mate its coming along nicely, tried installing my chrome door handles but ran into a snag, the Berlina handles are different, check out my thread, it explains it properly

TXB-409

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
Ahhh that's weird, thought all the handles would be the same! I just went the cheap way and sprayed them chrome, came out real good, but you can't use clear on them cause they turn a yellow colour so that could be a downfall!

Probably going to vinyl die the dash tomorrow maybe as well, looks really good in a VY i saw, danieLOL.

Also, found out there's a bloke in Melbourne that can do my led dash conversion, cause i want it done real soon and not sure when Phreddy is coming down.

Want to also black out the headlight surrounds like on the VX calais, I just love the look of it. What other plans you got for your car mate?

LthlThrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VU II SS
nah no where close need the whole handle assembly and latch. you got any pics of them?
howd the dash go? cause i want to do my future dash really nice.
you can always send your electrics to phreddy and get them sent back all finished
what do you mean by blacking out the headlights? at the moment just cleaning it all up and keeping it tidy, going to get the door handles in and get calais interior trims, gotta find them first though

TXB-409

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
yeah there's a pic of them on the first page, post #11.
ahh can he do that? i'll have to look into that, could be an option!
didn't end up doing the dash today, got called in to work, love 10 hour days, haha.
yeah saw a few of the calais bit on ebay, just so expensive!
and with the headlights, just spraying black around the outside bits around the actual parts where light shines, if you understand what i'm saying :)

LthlThrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VU II SS
yeah there's a pic of them on the first page, post #11.
ahh can he do that? i'll have to look into that, could be an option!
didn't end up doing the dash today, got called in to work, love 10 hour days, haha.
yeah saw a few of the calais bit on ebay, just so expensive!
and with the headlights, just spraying black around the outside bits around the actual parts where light shines, if you understand what i'm saying :)
those door handles are the same sorry, I was talking about the Exterior chrome door handles.
Yeah that is how i was going to get my last dash done, but money was a problem.
I get what you mean by the headlights now, all Calais bits are sought after so they get a nice price tag lol

TXB-409

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
Oh okay, now I know what you're saying, but even then I'm still surprised! What is the difference? Longer handle etc.?

Yeah at the moment I've got to get my shockers done, so money could be a problem regarding LED dash, but I know a guy who wants to get rid of his SS' dash surround so I'll be picking that up for $10 to vinyl die it, :)

And with the headlights, so PISSED OFF! Bid on a pair of aftermarket pair of headlights (monaro look-a-like) and eBay on my phone stuffed up meaning I didn't win it when I should've. So shattered!