Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Beast Dun LiKe The heat , temp issue read in

Ygoford

YGOFORD?
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr
was driving my vn and the temp gauge went up fairly high compared to normal , i've never had a prob with the car , havnt drove much in the hot before so would know bout this issue , didnt like starting either ,

anton1o

[GMHVN6]
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN 6 Berlina '90
Ok, the temp gauge went up fairly high..

What were you doing.. Stoped at a red light? Cruising at 80? Alot of things come into play with 'over-heating'

VNV6VENGEANCE

VeNgeance
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Turbo
i bet it was at the lights. Mine does it too. All vn's do it. If it wasn't at the lights and you were cruising it may be one of your radiator hoses leaking coolant. check engine bay for leaks

Clutchy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
As for the starting prob thats just ya starter motor is to hot from them tep under ya bonnet let it sit for a bit to cool and it should start no trouble.

adams vn

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn s
with the not starting i had this problem in the heat too and was told it was the starter motor but turned out to be my crank angle sensor just give it a good hose then should be right watch where ya hosin though lol

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
when did you last change your thermostat and radiator cap???
every vn/vp/vr V6 ive ever driven gets hot at the lights, the temp gauge has less than 10 degrees difference from 1/4 way up to hot by the way
halfway to 3/4 is fine but usually anything over 3/4 is gettin up to 110-112 degrees celcius which is about boiling point

VNPOWER

Reaction score
Members Ride
My00 Wrx 240kwatw
Time for an Radiator flush.. Ive got to do this every 5months..
easy fix, just get a new radiator but im tired of spending money on my car so i just keep flushing it.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
sounds like a flush is inorder, new thermostat and radiator cap. make sure you also reverse flush the heater core, just drop the two hoses to the heater figure out which one normally supplies the hot coolant and shove the garden hose in the other, make sure the heater is set to full hot and let the tap run, this way all the shite that's built up in there in the last 16 years will come out the way it went in and your not forcing it through the heater core