Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My beaten by a bogan 1998 VT S-pac

iRiot

Merc with a Mouth
Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 Holden VR Caprice V8 HSV Enhanced
So a few days ago i swapped my 1990 mazda bravo ute it was a good ute but rough so i didnt expect a great swap.

So i talk to a guy on facebook and we drove from mildura 100kms to ouyen and he drove 120kms from some bush town down south.

I seen it and knew it was goong to need work. He has told me the centre bearing in the tail shaft was buggered but to the extent that it was i was not expecting. Drove it home which was scary as hell in the darkness with **** lights. Got home after hearing noises a car should not make, then when to bed and forgot about it.

Got up in the morning jacked it up and had a look... #### me!! The centre bearing is completely gone and the tail shaft is held in with one bolt...

Removed the white sticky rear wing off (dont know why it was sticky) now has 5 holes in the boot that i have l have pluged up

Came with a few good things

- Newer engine and most parts had been replace
-working sun roof
- new tyres
- kenwood double din dvd player
- new led rear tails

Im on my phone so i will post photos as soon as i get home of what it looked like and as we go along progress photos of work done and anyone that can suggest ideas would be great!!

20150301_133328.jpg

20150301_133338.jpg

20150301_133354.jpg

20150301_133619.jpg

20150301_133643.jpg

20150301_133407.jpg

Last edited:

iRiot

Merc with a Mouth
Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 Holden VR Caprice V8 HSV Enhanced
Today i have already changed our the mix and match white fascias out for stock. Makes it look 1 million times better

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
Yeah, tail lights look terrible (get some originals) If you removed the spoiler then ur car is illegal without that 3rd eye level brake light (need to put one in your back window if your leaving
the spoiler off and has to go above the semi circle blacked out area or change the rear screen for an exec one with brake light in the parcel shelf). Bonus sunroof is good. You got your work cut out cleaning it..keep ya busy anyway

commodore1994

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
You have got something good to start with.
Want some suggestions?
Give it a good clean inside and out, a cut and polish should spruce it up a bit.
I'm not sure what the go is with that back bumper but id fix/replace it.
I dont think the tail lights are bad but if you dont want them im sure someone will swap a set of VX tailights for them or VT depending on what you want.
Depending how far you want to go with this car, Id get any paint imperfections touched up.
Get some nice floor mats and seat covers, try to keep the interior in good nic and the just look after it and enjoy it.
Keen to see how it turns out. :beer chug: