Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Black SS Ute!

Dannyp

8ball
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS UTE
I really appreciate all the help and good ideas fellas! And also nice comment on the car its awesome to hear :) lots of things to consider with the exhaust. Should be looking into getting one hopefully around february. Gonna sort out a hardlid in the next few weeks too. Any suggestions on that? I love one from flat top products but ive heard good stuff from hsp

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
I really appreciate all the help and good ideas fellas! And also nice comment on the car its awesome to hear :) lots of things to consider with the exhaust. Should be looking into getting one hopefully around february. Gonna sort out a hardlid in the next few weeks too. Any suggestions on that? I love one from flat top products but ive heard good stuff from hsp

hey man have a look at adelaide ute accessories they have some sweet hardlids, thats where i got mine from and there service was great

Dannyp

8ball
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS UTE
Yep i've heard of the adelaide one. Still thinkong whether or not to make the drive up to sydney n get one fitted or get one shipped over here n do it myself. Tough one. Thanks bro :)

Heath17

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Ute
Hey dannyp,

Finally got around to getting some pics of my hardlid water proofing for you. It doesnt stop all water, but keeps the majority of it out when washing. Put it on along the front the whole width of the back window, and on the side as you can see. When the lid is closed you cant see it at all.

dm5x14.jpg

2ce5bb4.jpg

2w65fs7.jpg

w6uts9.jpg

Cheers

Dannyp

8ball
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS UTE
Nice one heath! Thanks for that mate it will definately come in handy. Im still struggling with which one to get lol. Theres a few i really like. Leaning towards a sydney place though cos i can just drive up in a day n get it all done

Heath17

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Ute
Yeah fair enough. It is a hard choice, in the end im sure you will be happy which ever way you decide to go.

Flabby

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SV6 VE Commodore
Love the car, Love the rims! As for the catback, I've gotten a catback system put in for $550, mine was a 2.5" though, can't see why it'd jump up $1000 just for .5" of space, Although I got mine done in Sydney, don't know what the difference will be where you're at though,

Keep us posted with future mods! Im quite interested! :)

Dannyp

8ball
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS UTE
Love the car, Love the rims! As for the catback, I've gotten a catback system put in for $550, mine was a 2.5" though, can't see why it'd jump up $1000 just for .5" of space, Although I got mine done in Sydney, don't know what the difference will be where you're at though,

Keep us posted with future mods! Im quite interested! :)

Thanks for the kinds words mate! Holy **** 550 is cheap as! Is that for the system including install? I am leaning towards a 2.5 seeing as its cheaper and im not looking to do any major power mods.

Wht brand is yours?

Yep will do i will definately keep the updates coming as they come.

Flabby

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SV6 VE Commodore
Thanks for the kinds words mate! Holy **** 550 is cheap as! Is that for the system including install? I am leaning towards a 2.5 seeing as its cheaper and im not looking to do any major power mods.

Wht brand is yours?

Yep will do i will definately keep the updates coming as they come.

$550 got me everything installed, it was 2.25" from the cat to the mid muffler, then 2.5" from the mid muffler to the rear mufflers, It's an XFORCE Cat back,

If you are in western sydney I'll direct you to the place that I got mine done from?

Dannyp

8ball
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS UTE
Cant believe how cheap that is. How do you find the xforce? I hear good n bad things.

I'm actually in canberra mate but thanks for your help.