Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Black SS Ute!

Dannyp

8ball
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS UTE
Hey guys. Been going through the forums every day for quite a while now, love it! Thought i would chuck up some pics n info of my ute. Purchased it a bit over a month ago and could not be happier. Got lots of things i would like to do to it.

Name: Danny

Car: 2008 SS Ute 6 Speed manual.

Mods so far:
LED Headlights (thinking of changing to ssv's)
20" Black Stance SC-5ive wheels.
Lowered on SSSL in the rear and SSL in the front. Short shocks all round. Ride is awesome. (no scrapes or scrubs yet!)
Sprayed calipers and brakes in black.
Bee sting antenna.
New black n white plates.

Future Mods:
Tint. Tossin up between legal or not lol. legal is pretty light i reckon.
Hardlid (GTO Bob tail shallow humps.)
2.5" Exhaust system, possibly 3".
CAI and tune. Don't know a whole lot about engines but having a bit more power would be sweeeeet.
Leather interior upgrade.
Audio upgrade.
And other random **** like pedals n sill plates and all the little what nots that set the car off.
Open to suggestions too!

Hopefully the pics work i got no idea what's going on. I will get some higher quality ones soon. not sure how to put up big photos n that.

Attachments

• IMG_0974.jpg
    IMG_0974.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 1,239
  • IMG_1019.jpg
    IMG_1019.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 996
  • IMG_1075.jpg
    IMG_1075.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 12,294
  • IMG_1076.jpg
    IMG_1076.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 2,616
  • IMG_1077.jpg
    IMG_1077.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 1,168
  • IMG_1087.jpg
    IMG_1087.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 3,622

Dannyp

8ball
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS UTE
Hey fellas. Finally got around to tinting my windows yesterday. Been very busy at work but a hardlid is on its way!

346lxja.jpg

339pvo6.jpg

2hntcsz.jpg

n3ls42.jpg

a3m8t4.jpg

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
love the rims, sets it off nicely!!

As for a CAI and tune get in contact with Mace Engineering, they can supply you with everything :boxing:

Heath17

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Ute
Looking good danny, be sure to post some pics of the hardlid! Are you getting it installed, or doing it yourself?

Dannyp

8ball
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS UTE
love the rims, sets it off nicely!!

As for a CAI and tune get in contact with Mace Engineering, they can supply you with everything :boxing:

Thanks mate i appreciate it! I have heard a lot a bout mace. I will be sure to give them a buzz when the time comes :) cheers!

Dannyp

8ball
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS UTE
Looking good danny, be sure to post some pics of the hardlid! Are you getting it installed, or doing it yourself?

Thanks heath. Yeah mate i will get photos as soon as it happens. I am in canberra and the one i want is a mob in melbourne so i guess i will have to get it sent over here. I've heard it isn't too hard to do with a couple people. What do you reckon?

Heath17

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Ute
Hey Danny,

Nah not too hard mate, the instructions should be good enough.

Breif steps are:

1. Place the lid on the tray and align so it is sitting straight.
2. Mark up near the rear window where the two metal tounges are so you know where to drill the two brackets.
3. Remove lid and attach the two front brackets (Use some filler before you screw in to stop water ingress into drilled holes).
4. I also used some rubber up around the front window (in between the two brackets to stop water ingress into the tray).
5. Attach lid (Make sure you are careful when attaching as you have to lift the rear of the lid up quite high to get the tounge in and it can touch on the paintwork near the rear window - just some rags will protect it).
6. Close the lid and mark up where your struts will go and connect them.
7. Some adjustments with the locks will be required (I have a key lock, not too sure about the central locking version).

Everything should pretty much be set out in the instructions. Just do as much as you can to waterproof your tray and the drilled holes.

Look forward to seeing the pics of it up!! I will try and post some pics of the water proofing done when my lid was installed.

Dannyp

8ball
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS UTE
looks good mate! gotta love black ve utes! :D

Lol thanks buddy. Yeah black is my favourite by far, as long as u keep it clean haha. Love yours too mate. Sounds like a beast!

Dannyp

8ball
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS UTE
Your a legend Heath!! Thanks for all the tips mate. Should come in very handy. Yeah some waterproofing pics would be sweet. Thanks a lot :)