Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Black SS Ute!

Dannyp

8ball
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS UTE
Hey guys. Looking for a bit of feedback here. Finally have the time to order a hardlid for the ute and have narrowed it down to two very hard choices for hsp ute lids in sydney. What do you guys reckon? thanks
30rxhr7.jpg

x25ruf.jpg

i do really like the bob tail on the first one but reckon the other one looks tougher.

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
Personally I like the second one mate, I'm not real keen on the bob tail and the twin humps gives it a bit of character instead of looking plain and boring haha

I would have bought the second one for mine but me being fussy I don't like the hsp badge on the top rear.

Are you getting one with shaved locks and central locking?

Dannyp

8ball
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS UTE
Hey mate cheers for the reply. I am leaning towards the second one aswell. I didnt realise it has a hsp badge on it, you reckon you could ask for one without? I am definately getting central and shaved locks. Hopefully not looking at much more than $2000 or so. :)

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
sorry i missed your earlier post man, i emailed hsp about getting one without the badge made but they said it could compromise integtrity but they would do it.

still good to hear its ordered. are you installing yourself?

Dannyp

8ball
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS UTE
All good mate! Yeah i asked them about the badge when i ordered it today and he said the same thing so i said its all good. Depending on the badge looks i will sort something out. I kinda pride myself on having a clean simple looking ute lol, no stickers n what not.

Yep installing myself with a mate i guess, apparently its pretty straight forward. I cant wait man!

Heath17

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Ute
Yellow hard lid ordered! Good to heay Danny. Make sure you get some pics up for me. Did you go for the twin hump?

Dannyp

8ball
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS UTE
Haha thanks mate. Will definately be getting pics up! Yeah i ended up going the twin hump man. Whats this about a yellow hardlid?

WestySSVRedline

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SSV Redline Ute
i enquired about their hardlids awhile ago they said they could do it without the badge and was like $40-100 more or something from memory.. no mention of any integrity..

I reckon I'll get one of them once i have some more funds later down the track :)
I'd be keen to find out your opinion on quality etc once it arrives. bit hard in tassie as no one has one

Dannyp

8ball
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS UTE
Oh those bastards! They're probably just trying to advertise lol. I really hope the badge isnt massive.

Yeah mate i shall keep you posted on the quality n such. I have heard good things from them and it comes with 3 year warranty.

It was 2100 with central locking and shaved locks all painted n ****. Only $1600 for one with locks.