Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Black Supercharged VE SSV Ute

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Hey woggy... looking good mate. Just a thought re the intake - pretty sure the only difference with the OTRs is there is an extra adapter for the MAFless unit - I'd think that if you flicked them off an email, they'd be able to help you out there - rather than buying two different intakes. Could save you a bit of cash. Worth a shot at least.

Yeah mate was thinking that too but my mate has one of them units pretty much brand new and is gunna give it to me for $200 or so there usually $650 lol so its a pretty good deal

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
True - but there's only a $30 difference between the MAF and MAFless units - I just figure that the MAF OTR will flow better than their air box, with or without a tune - and if all you have to do when you get the tune is swap out the MAF then you're laughing.

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
True - but there's only a $30 difference between the MAF and MAFless units - I just figure that the MAF OTR will flow better than their air box, with or without a tune - and if all you have to do when you get the tune is swap out the MAF then you're laughing.

Yeah also true, how hard is the vcm to install ya reakon? also update i can drive my beast friday! my other ute is getting roadworthy next week and hopefully sold so the mods can begin! :D

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
It'd be less work - and presumably less cash. so seems like a win-win situation to me. The only tricky part is pulling the standard airbox out - I imagine swapping it for another box would be fiddly - just easier to fit the right intake the first time I reckon. Also, your mate could probably chuck the box on ebay for a bit more than he was going to sell it to you for. Just a thought.

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Well a little bit of an update, my other ute is sold pending payment so mods should start comming along nicely, i ordered my 3" kpm catback which should be here end of this week, thinking of getting a oil catch can too and maybe a ripshifter